Facilities / Forensic Engineering
A confident understanding of the cause of distress is critical to achieving long term repair solutions and dispute resolution. NOVA employs many of the industry’s most experienced and knowledgeable specialists and latest evaluation technology to assist clients with their facility assessment and restoration needs. From the initial observation of distress, NOVA’s proven professionals can work with the project team to develop a project specific evaluation strategy, perform field and laboratory testing to confidently determine the cause of the distress and develop cost effective solutions.
Evaluations typically include a combination of the...
Evaluations typically include a combination of the following techniques:
- Review of available drawings, specifications and project information.
- Detailed visual condition surveys and documentation of the extent of the distress.
- Nondestructive testing such as Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), Ultrasonics, Impact Echo, leak detection, moisture testing, and manual sounding.
- Materials sampling including coring, borings and selective cutting.
- In place physical testing including load tests, bond tests, water spray tests, and borings
- Selective openings and bore scope probes to confirm and evaluate actual asbuilt conditions.
- Laboratory testing including microscopic evaluation, petrography, strength, and chemical analysis to determine material conditions.
The field and laboratory data gathered above are reviewed in detail by our experienced Engineers and Scientists to provide a thorough understanding of project specific conditions. NOVA’s technical team can then work with the project Architectural, Engineering, Contractor, Owner and/or Management team to develop options for cost effective repair or replacement solutions.
In addition to having the proven ability to evaluate field and material conditions, NOVA’s Engineering and Technical team members work with clients to perform a variety of Restoration Project Consulting including:
- Development of immediate and maintenance plans with budget costs.
- Restoration design and structural analysis
- Development of restoration plans and specifications.
- Project manual preparation.
- Bid solicitation
- Project management
- Engineering inspection and materials testing during restoration construction.
- Project closeout documentation.
Upon request, NOVA’s licensed professionals can also provided litigation support, including client consultation, technical consulting, affidavit preparation, depositions and expert witness testimony in County, State and Federal Court.
Restoration projects have included Industrial, Transportation, Commercial, Government, Utility, Religious, Condominium, and Education facilities. Please contact one of our experienced Professionals to discuss your Facilities Engineering and Consulting needs at one of our local offices.
No reviews were found for Facilities / Forensic Engineering. Be the first to review!