Failure Analysis Service
Analysis of worn or failed components after use or during manufacture serves to both optimise performance and to inform new product development. Thanks to our materials expertise and testing and analysis capabilities, we can quickly and cost-effectively diagnose material, product, coatings and packaging failures to solve product and processing problems, thereby reducing downtime, optimising quality and saving costs.
- lifetime performance evaluation and profiling, including materials degradation during long-term storage
- durability evaluation and profiling
- failure analysis and diagnostics
- duty-cycle re-creation and bench evaluation
- fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis and microstructure investigation
- optical and electron-microscopy investigation and diagnosis
- surface and bulk microstructure characterisation
- coating characterisation of multi-functional surfaces and coatings, (topographical, chemical composition, depth profiling and multilayer resolution) - including diagnosis of delamination or debonding failures, leaching/migration problems and corrosion issues
- chemical, physical and thermal testing and analysis
- contamination identification and analysis
- expert witness services.