GIS and Mapping Services
RCP's staff includes GIS and mapping experts that conduct high consequence area (HCA) identifications, risk assessments, class location analysis, underwater inspections, NPMS/RRC submittals, as well as other spatial analysis projects. Some of our GIS and mapping specialties are:
- GIS Applications
- National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS)
- Facility Plot Plans
- PHMSA Regulations/Data
- Geodatabase Design
- Pipeline & Instrument Drawings
- Survey Interpretation
- Cartography & Custom Mapping
- GPS Technology
- Land Mapping
- Aerial Photography
- DOT Compliance
- Presentation Materials
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) integrate computer-based hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. GIS can visualize and interpret data in ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, reports, and charts. At RCP, GIS lets us solve problems and provide answers to clients by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared. With GIS, dissimilar data can be related on the basis of common geographic location, creating new information from existing data resources.
RCP is an Esri Business Partner which allows RCP to provide a better service to our clients with access to a larger knowledge base of Esri and related products, including ArcView and ArcGIS Extensions. RCP has a strong track record of providing world-class regulatory consulting and risk management services to our clients. We have been very selective in aligning ourselves with best-in-class partners that complement and add value to the services we offer, such as:
- Alignment Sheet Design
- Landbase Creation
- GPS Integration
- Data Creation & Integration
- Gas & Liquid Pipeline Modeling (HCA, Class, and Spill)
- Map Updates & Revisions
- GIS Data Digitizing/Creation
- Creation & Maintenance of GIS Databases
- Raster Scanning & Vector Conversions
Class Location & HCA Identification Models
The RCP Class Location & HCA Identification models are ideal for all sizes and lengths of natural gas pipelines. Traditionally, these studies were performed using manual tools and methods, i.e. a slide ruler and aerial imagery. This was a tedious and undefined process, and often the results were not repeatable. Using a sophisticated geospatial model, RCP is capable of providing efficient, repeatable, and thoroughly documented results.
RCP Class Location Model Benefits:
- Works with existing structure and pipeline data
- Rapid completion following structure digitization
- Produces clear, easy-to-read maps and tables
- Maps are customizable to meet customer needs
RCP can assist with a pipeline spill overland flow analysis along with a water borne and over-land spill transportation analysis in support of your pipeline integrity management plan.
- RCP’s over-land flow analysis will consider local terrain, potential spill quantity, pipeline shut-in time, flow rate and physical properties of the product.
- The water borne transport analysis utilizes the methodology found in 40 CFR 112 Attachment C-III. This analysis will consider transport on flowing waterways, transport on lakes or ponds, and transport on tidal influenced areas as appropriate.