Groundwater Sampling Services
From Contaminated Sites
The primary goal of a sampling of underground water (UWS) is that the samples obtained, are representative of their actual conditions. The technique of low flow sampling (Low Flow), aims to obtain a high degree of validity in the taking of samples of UWS. This type of sampling is used to know the mobile loading of organic and inorganic composition (dissolved or adsorbed), in an environment of underground flow, eliminating disruption during sampling and preserving the physic - chemical characteristics of study environment. This is achieved through the stabilization of the parameters of the well from which water is extracted.
Once taken the height of the body of water in the ...
Once taken the height of the body of water in the well of monitoring, it determines the amount of hose of 6.35 mm in diameter which you must enter, which will make the extraction of water.
The upper extreme hose is connected to another Teflon hose through peristaltic pump Geotech brand, which extracts the water from the well and inserts it in the cells of the Multi parameter Horiba reader, previously connected to the output of the hose that goes inside of the bomb. This pump is a physical real-time parameter measuring device for most important chemicals such as conductivity, pH, RedOx, oxygen dissolved, total dissolved solids, turbidity, and temperature in field.
Pumping is performed at times of 3 minutes and the data that is throwing the Horiba multi reader occur in leaf field together with the level body, controlling the flow so that the water column would not descend below 0.5 m per minute.
The sampling should be made at the time that takes 3 readings which match all the parameters or are in the range specified by the methodology.
Advantages of low flow sampling. .
- The samples are representative of the mobile load of contaminants at the site (colloidal particles, metals and volatile mainly).
- Minimum disturbance of the sampling point.
- Less variation by the staff sampling and greater operational control.
- Reduction of stress on the formation, by showing the water stagnant water training is lower.
- Reduces the need for filtration of samples and therefore the loss of time.
- Much smaller volume of extracted water.
The sampling was based on the application of procedures and the methodology mentioned below:
- D-5903-96, Standard Guide for Planning and Preparing for a Ground Water Sampling Event.
- D-4448-85a, Standard Guide for Sampling Ground Water Monitoring Wells.
- EPA/0540/S-95/504 Ground Water Issue Low Flow (Minimal Drawdown)
The steps to implement a sampling of this type are:
- Location and uncover the wells of monitoring in order to relieve pressure contained therein, and we have a real body prior to level.
- Measurement of the piezometric levels of wells through the Solinst probe, which helps us reference to determine the height of the column of groundwater. All water level measurements are taken to the north side of the upper part of the PVC tube inner wells.
No reviews were found for Groundwater Sampling Services. Be the first to review!