Land Use & Real Estate Service
Although our focus is on environmental and natural resources law, Rich and Henderson, P.C., also handles real estate and land use matters for developers and individuals throughout Maryland. From permit approvals to property transactions, we offer comprehensive, cost-effective legal counsel, and litigation.
Our firm draws on decades of experience to resolve...
Our firm draws on decades of experience to resolve legal obstacles to development. We advocate our clients’ positions in local governments and state and federal regulatory agencies to gain efficient results.
Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore
Based in Annapolis, Rich and Henderson, P.C., maintains an office in Easton, and both offices serve clients along the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, where wetlands and Critical Area limitations often impact development.
Permits and Land Use
We understand that real estate developers need both timely authorization and assurance of regulatory compliance to break ground. The land use attorneys of Rich and Henderson, P.C., are adept at moving the permitting process along while protecting our clients from environmental and other potential liabilities:
- We secure state and federal regulatory clearance for residential and commercial real estate development, including wetlands permits through the Maryland Department of the Environment or Army Corp of Engineers.
- We work with local zoning boards and planning agencies on water and sewer allocation, utility and road easements, variances, conditional use permits, and all matters subject to local government approvals.
- We assist developers, businesses and individuals in obtaining permit and renewal applications that address pollution, wetlands, wildlife, stormwater, drinking water supplies, sewer and grading permits or approvals.
Real Estate Transactions
We represent developers, businesses, and individuals in sales and purchase of residential or commercial property. In cases of contaminated land or environmental restrictions, we negotiate the purchase price to reflect cleanup and mitigation costs. Rich and Henderson also performs environmental due diligence in any property transaction to protect the buyer or seller from potential liability.
Real Estate Litigation
When transaction and development disputes cannot be resolved between parties, the experienced litigators of Rich and Henderson, P.C. can step in to negotiate solutions. We represent plaintiffs and defendants in:
- Transactional litigation—title discrepancies, failure to disclose environmental impairments, breach of contract
- Legal action from or against adjacent properties relating to pollution, aesthetics, water rights, environmental issues, setbacks, boundary disputes, trespass and nuisance claims
- Lease agreements and restrictive covenants
- Adverse possession and actions to quiet title
We represent property owners, developers, general contractors, and the trades in all matters related to construction law and litigation. We can aid clients by providing:
- Representation for nonpayment, specific performance, mechanics liens and other general contract disputes
- Contract drafting and review services
- Assistance in securing subdivision approval, grading and building permits
Contact Mark Gabler to arrange a consultation about your real estate issue.
The firm enjoys professional relationships in a number of Mid-Atlantic States (i.e. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, D.C.) and in Massachusetts, Tennessee and Wisconsin. In Maryland, we serve our clients in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Kent, Montgomery, Prince George's, Queen Anne's, St. Mary's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester counties.
No reviews were found for Land Use & Real Estate Service. Be the first to review!