Landfill and Permitting Services
Hafren Water provides highly professional, practical support to clients at both the Planning and Permitting stages of landfill development and throughout their operational life. The increasing powers of the Environment Agency, SEPA and Natural Resources Wales means that now more than ever good, pragmatic technical advice is needed by site owners and operators.
We provide support obtaining or varying Planning Permission or EPR Permits for hazardous and inert landfill sites, together with input to on-going operations. Hafren Water undertakes:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA): for new landfills or changes to existing ones or for restoration via recovery operations
- Hydrogeological Risk Assessment (HRA): for new landfills and permit variations as well as the requisite six-yearly reviews
- Compliance limits: determined for new sites as well as revised to more appropriate levels for existing ones
- Landfill closure or surrender : approximately 75% of all landfill sites regulated by the Environment Agency no longer take waste, could you be reducing your subsistence fees?
- Compliance monitoring and reporting: preparation of routine monitoring reports, annual interpretative reports
- Landfill restoration: required to make useable land that has been poorly capped or suffered differential settlement
- EPR recovery schemes: as non-hazardous landfill need is decreasing, many quarries are being restored under permits for inert waste recovery at much reduced cost compared with inert landfill
- Landfill investigations: may take many forms dependent on the type of landfill and the objectives
- Permit Applications/Variations : Hafren Water regularly works with partner consultancies to provide a bespoke Permit Application service covering all aspects of the Application