With our extensive geochemical expertise, Lorax Environmental is the industry leader in providing highly practical and cutting-edge technical services for mine waste management assessments. In order to develop cost-effective and scientifically-defensible mine waste management plan, it is incumbent upon the proponent to understand the controls governing the mobility and toxicity of potential contaminants associated with the mine waste. In particular, consideration must be given to several site-specific factors including mineralogy, water balance, mode of deposition, climate, contaminants of concern, regulatory frameworks, etc. for the development of robust waste management strategies.
Specific areas of mine waste management expertise include the following:
- Design of mine waste disposal strategies;
- Water balance characterization;
- Acid rock drainage assessments;
- Predictive modelling of water cover composition; and
- Closure planning for mine waste storage facilities;