Mining Waste Management Services
The second edition of the Engineering and Design Manual for Coal Refuse Disposal Facilities is available at this link on the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) web site. This new edition of the Manual was prepared by a team led by D'Appolonia. The project involved solicitation of broad industry review and comment at two stages of the manual development: initially through a survey of design methodology currently in practice and subsequently by providing access to draft sections on critical design issues that were not previously addressed in the original 1975 manual. Some of the additions to the manual include:
Impounding facility concepts including slurry cell...
- Impounding facility concepts including slurry cells, and combustion ash co-disposal
- Site exploration methods including surface and borehole geophysics
- Site mining and foundation issues including evaluation of breakthrough potential
- Seismic issues associated with the design of coal refuse impoundments
- Mine entry barriers and bulkheads
- Stability and seepage analyses including filter compatibility
- Decant backfilling options
- Dam safety instrumentation
- Preparation of emergency action plans
No reviews were found for Mining Waste Management Services. Be the first to review!