Product Development Service
Product, component and systems development depends upon the optimisation of concepts and the development of process routes. Thanks to the knowledge our experts have over a wide range of materials, their properties and formulations, we are ideally placed to help you realise concepts, refine products, differentiate yourselves from competitors and bring products quickly to market. At Ceram, our integrated approach, combining materials expertise, prototyping facilities, modelling capabilities, R&D and performance evaluations enables seamless transition from the virtual to the real - meaning that our clients can quickly progress to product and project realisation.
- raw material analysis – fit for purpose & legal compliance testing
- materials formulation and application – advice on how properties can affect and enhance performance
- materials selection – sourcing cost-effective alternatives without compromising quality or performance
- product design – validation of performance and aesthetic characteristics
- failure analysis – identifying material failures and contamination before the product gets to market
- materials and surface characterisation, including chemical analysis, physical testing, microstructural and surface analysis, to ensure correct material selection and optimise material performance
- state-of-the-art rational materials selection tools
- contract and bespoke research & development
- prototyping facilities
- design and validation of new materials and products
- consultancy regarding alternative, secondary and recycled materials.