Services of Accredited Ionizing Radiation Calibration Laboratory
VF´s accredited calibration laboratory performs calibrations of ionizing radiation measuring instruments. The laboratory technology enables calibrations of, amongst other, area gamma monitors; directional dose rate monitors; gamma survey meters; personal dosimeters; portable activity meters and installed personal surface contamination monitors.
Our accredited calibration laboratory (K 2336) has fulfilled all the requirements of the standard EN ISO / IEC 17025:2005 on the competence of testing and calibration laboratories and therefore has been officially accredited by Czech Institute for Accreditation (CIA). The first laboratory accreditation took place April 11th, 2007. Since that time, the laboratory is annually reviewed by supervisory visits and reaccredited.
Due to its successful accreditation, VF´s accredited calibration laboratory is entitled to use the logo of international organizations ILAC-MRA (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation) on calibration certificates and other materials. Therefore all users of VF's accredited services may be assured at first sight that the output document (calibration report, calibration certificate, test report etc.) was issued by a trusted and internationally recognized body, whose results are accepted by all signatories to multilateral agreements ILAC-MRA and IAF MLA (International Accreditation Forum - Multilateral Recognition Arrangement).
The basic laboratory technology contains: irradiator gamma as a source of a collimated gamma beam, calibration bench for precise and repeatable 3D positioning of the meter being calibrated, communication interface for meters, a safety system, a remote video surveillance system, a radiation monitoring system, a set of certified alpha, beta and gamma reference materials and laboratory Data and Control System (DaRS).
This technology enables the performance of calibrations, tests, and checks of these groups of measuring instruments:
- Installed gamma dose ratemeters, warning assemblies and monitors (area gamma monitors, directional dose rate monitors)
- Portable workplace and environmental meters and monitors for gamma radiation (gamma survey meters,ratemeters with dose rate probes)
- Personal dosimeters (passive integrating dosimeters, direct reading personal dosimeters)
- Portable alpha, beta and alpha/beta contamination meters and monitors (portable activity monitors)
- Installed personal surface contamination monitors for alpha, beta and alpha/beta emitters (personal exit monitors, hand-foot contamination monitors, hand contamination monitors, frisking contamination monitors etc.)