Soil Analysis Services
Growers should use soil testing as a management tool for making scientifically sound management decisions about their soil fertility program. A fertility management program based on information from soil test results can benefits the farmer in many ways.
- Improved yields and profitability from providing needed nutrients for the crop.
- Opportunity to increase the uniformity of nutrient availability across a field, so that optimum response to other management inputs can be achieved.
- More uniform crop growth which makes the individual plants more competitive with weeds and simplifies other management practices such as cultivation, spraying, etc.
- More uniform maturing dates for all plants within a field simplifies harvesting and drying of the crops, and potentially improves market quality.
- Fertilizer dollars can be allocated to the nutrients that will give the greatest increase in profit. With intensive sampling and variable-rate fertilizer application technology becoming available, there is increased potential for fine tuning fertilizer applications within a field.