Sound Testing and Sound Insulation Testing
BSRIA provides UKAS accredited sound testing and sound insulation testing on all types of buildings, for compliance with Part E Building Regulations in England and Wales and Section 5 of the Scottish Building Standards. Testing can also gain credits for Code for Sustainable Homes and EcoHomes environmental assessment schemes.
BSRIA provides a cost-effective sound testing service which can be conducted with airtightness testing and ventilation testing for minimal site disruption. We provide:
- detailed reports of acoustic performance and make practical recommendations for improvements if necessary
- testing outside normal working hours to minimise site disruption and avoid construction site noise
- nationwide coverage with regionally based engineers
- fully accredited engineers to provide certification for Building Regulations Part E compliance, recognised by Building Control
- rapid response and immediate results on site
Under Part E Building Regulations, a sample of units in new dwelling developments and refurbishments may have to be tested to demonstrate levels of sound insulation. This has now been extended to new schools and is also regularly specified by clients of buildings where sound can be an issue such as hotels and nightclubs.
BSRIA can advise the correct number of tests required and, where applicable, the required increase in performance. In order to provide this, we will require the following information:
- construction details for each dwelling
- floor plans and sections for each dwelling
- site layout
- build program (if available)
- Regulation/Standard you are conforming to