Summa Pasivated Canisters
From Services - Summary
EAS pioneered the use of the SUMMA Canister in the independent commercial air testing market back in 1985. EAS has a large inventory of canisters and flow controllers that can be shipped either batch certified or individually certified. Canisters are expensive to purchase so many labs suggest sorbent tubes or bags for samples that would be better collected in canisters because they lack the canister inventory. The cleaning and usage fees of the canister are comparable to the tubes and bags - especially when you consider the convenience of the canister.
Canisters are the most versatile sample collection media for volatile organic compounds. Canisters can be used to collect compounds that boil as low as helium and as high as naphthalene. From one canister multiple analysis can be done, so a sample can be analyzed for permanent gases, methane, ethane, chlorinated hydrocarbons, hydrocarbons, oxygenated hydrocarbons, and aromatic compounds. Some of the advantages of canisters are listed below.
- Versatile - Canisters Allow for Multiple Analysis of Samples
- Clean - Canisters have lower background then Sorbent Tubes
- Low MDL - Canisters are less prone to sample contamination
- Easy to Use - Canisters do not require a pump for filling
- Holding Time - 30 day holding time and no preservation