Surveys & Testing Services
From Asbestos Services
Additionally, taking bulk samples of building materials (e.g. textured coating, pipe insulation, ceiling tiles) for the purposes of identification is - on the face of it - an apparently straightforward undertaking but in reality there are very real risks of sample cross-contamination and/or exposure of the sampler unless proper precautions are used. Therefore you need to choose an asbestos consultant you can trust.
- Take suitable and sufficient steps to determine the location of materials likely to contain asbestos
- Make and maintain a written record of the location of the asbestos and presumed asbestos materials
- Monitor the condition of the materials at regular intervals
- Assess the risk of exposure from the asbestos and presumed asbestos materials and document the actions to manage the risk
- Take steps to see that the actions above have been carried out