VOC Online Monitor System
Sage has a small but talented group of ambient air monitoring specialists that together provide over 10 years of ambient air monitoring experience. Whether your air monitoring need is big or small, temporary or long-term, Sage can assist you in developing a cost-effective solution that will ensure quality air monitoring measurement data.
Sage has multiple techniques of online VOC monitoring system. According to the different clients’ requirements, we could give customized monitoring solutions which provides following benefits:
- Mature technology, stable monitoring data, could online monitor various air pollutants at the same time
- Could characterize the unknown compounds, and qualitative specificity
- Fast measurement, high detection sensitivity, high precision and high resolution
- Do not require sampling and sample pretreatment
- Low detection limit and sometimes lower than ppb level, better analyzer isomers
- Site Selection – it is essential that an ambient air monitoring site be located such that its measurement data accurately represents the pollutants of interest.
- Monitoring Parameters – deciding what ambient parameters need to be included in the monitoring plan is necessary to avoiding costly surprises later on. For instance, modeling applications often require the addition of several more sensors.
- Technical Approach – selecting the most cost-effective instrumentation that will ensure regulatory compliance is an important cost consideration. A canister system that costs $10,000 for instance may be just as suitable for the monitoring application as a gas chromatography system costing several hundreds of thousand dollars.
- Monitoring Plan Development – a monitoring plan functions like a blueprint providing detailed guidance on the monitoring strategy, the monitoring locations, and the monitoring schedule. This document is often prepared for submission to the regulatory agency for approval.
- Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) Development – the QAPP defines the monitoring goals together with data accuracy, precision and completeness expectations. The QAPP also defines the roles and responsibilities of the ambient air monitoring project staff as well as corrective actions to be taken when something breaks or the monitoring goals are not achieved.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) – SOPs are step-by-step instructions on how to do a specific air monitoring task such as collect an air sample in an evacuated canister or calibrate a NOx analyzer.
- System Operation Manual – For small systems this may simply be a collection of SOPs. For larger, more complex systems, the System Operation Manual will be a detailed technical discussion of the individual elements of one or more sites.
- System Design – system design can vary from a simple automated canister collection system to a carefully constructed weather-proof shelter featuring, thermostatic temperature control, power filtration, an automatic calibration system, a sample delivery manifold, instruments and data retrieval and transmission systems.
- Equipment Purchase – Sage’s knowledge and experience with many varieties of analyzers and monitoring equipment will help ensure that the right equipment is purchased at the right cost.
- System Installation – Sage both manages the system installation itself and provides management oversight – which ever works best for the client.
- Training of System Operator(s) – Sage trains site operators in the proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures necessary to meeting project data completeness criteria. Alternatively Sage provides a trained ambient air monitoring operator(s).
- System Audits – Sage auditors conduct detailed system and performance audits of ambient air monitoring stations including independent checks of all ambient air analyzers and meteorological sensors. Audit results are provided in a separate report with audit issues presented in order of priority.
- System Reporting – Sage reporters review collected ambient air measurement data on a daily basis, check for abnormal or missing data, and prepare the data for summary in monthly or quarterly reports.
- Website Display of System Data – Sage can design a website dedicated to the real-time display of its client’s ambient air monitoring data. The site can be password-protected to permit viewing by authorized persons only. It can be further enhanced with alarming capability to provide email notification whenever a parameter’s concentration exceeds a pre-defined level.