Waste Handling Service
CODE employs experienced field chemists and T&D coordinators who identify, segregate, package, label and stage waste (soil, sediment, liquid, drummed, lab pack, high hazard) for shipment to an extensive network of permitted disposal facilities. Long-term contracts with leading T&D providers allows us to provide competitive pricing, preferential scheduling, and customized disposal options designed to meet specific project needs.
- Waste Characterization
- High Hazard Waste Handling (Chemical Unknowns, Reactive/Acutely Toxic Material)
- Hazardous Material Identification & Segregation
- Packaging & Labeling per DOT/RCRA Guidelines
- Manifest & Shipping Document Preparation
- Truck & Rail Transport via an established network of fully licensed & insured Hazardous Waste Haulers
- Disposal via an established network of fully permitted TSDFs throughout the U.S. and Canada
CODE’s high hazard remediation team (HHRT) has safely handled thousands of drums and containers of unknown and acutely toxic chemicals as part of site remediation; often on an emergency or rapid response basis. Most recently, CODE's HHRT was mobilized to handle drums of unknown materials encountered during remedial excavation at the EPLC Superfund Site project in Old Bridge, New Jersey. CODE's HHRT responded to a similar situation at the Chemsol Superfund Site where specially-trained field chemists and high hazard waste technicians worked in Levels A, B and C PPE under USEPA, NJDEP, and USACE oversight to safely remove, field test, sample, characterize, consolidate, and dispose of hundreds of buried drums and lab pack containers.