A-V-Systems - SDS Management & OSHA Compliance Software
From Environmental Compliance Area
To help you author and manage Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs), disseminate them within the company and / or distribute them to your customers, MIRS™ offers several MSDS solutions. In addition to the comprehensive MSDS management functions, the basic MSDS module also provides a quick and easy-to-use OSHA HazCom (Right-to-Know) compliance solution on your own Internet or intranet site.
MSDS standalone module is a flexible and convenient solution for managing MSDSs in multiple formats. The flexibility of the MIRS MSDS module puts you in control: it offers many different methods to enter MSDSs in to the system, a wide variety of search and reporting features, as well as the ability to display your MSDSs in HTML for Internet/intranet viewing.
Streamlines development of a multilingual (English, French-Canadian, Spanish, German) MSDS database in GHS, ANSI, Canadian, and European 16-part formats (the old OSHA 9-Part MSDS** is also supported). Includes support for new OSHA GHS SDS authoring!
MIRS offers tremendous flexibility in methods of entry as well as output:
- MSDSs can be text-entered, scanned, imported from the web or CD-ROM.
- View or print
- Prints MSDSs in any of the various formats, as well as NFPA, HMIS or custom labels.
- Create PDFs.
- Distribute via fax or email.
- Export MSDSs to HTML for viewing on the Internet or company intranet.
MSDS module also features an export to CMA's CHEMTREC services, as well as an archive tool, for compliance with OSHA's 30-year standard.
The MIRS MSDS module offers many features that ease the task of Authoring and Distributing MSDSs. You can create MSDSs with text built entirely out of selected phrases or you can enter free-form text.
Use the MSDS Authoring Wizard to quickly generate new MSDSs:
- Enter the ingredients and the Wizard will generate the MSDS from available data.
- MSDSs are generated from the supplied library of 55,000 phrase-based MSDSs of pure chemicals and/or from other MSDSs you have previously authored.
- Three levels of user verses Wizard phrase selection decision making are available.
- Phrases are ranked and classified to aid automatic phrase selection.
- The Wizard learns from previous user phrase selection decisions to improve automatic phrase selection.
You can also author MSDSs through an easy to use data entry window. The MIRS MSDS module provides many selection lists which speed the creation of MSDS documents:
- Regulated Chemical database.
- RCRA code list, DOT Hazardous Materials Table, GHS Classifications, Risk and Safety Phrases**, etc.
- Acute toxicity animal test results and ecotoxicity aquatic species test results data.
- Extensive customizable phrase library, including GHS H and P phrases as well as ANSI recommended phrases.
The MSDS Authoring module also supports flexible MSDS content:
- Include trade names, part numbers, container sizes, VOC and HAP/volume content, Reference numbers, RTECs numbers, UPC/EAN numbers, many optional physical properties, and more.
- Creation of MSDSs in OSHA GHS or ANSI, Canadian, and European GHS 16-part formats.
- Easily update older 9 or 16-part MSDSs** to GHS SDSs.
- Ample user-defined fields to add both fields and fields labels in each MSDS section.
- Include your company's logo.
- Include standard HazMat labels, such as GHS, HMIS III, NFPA or create your own.
- Standard policy information or disclaimers.
In June 2015, the OSHA 9-Part, ANSI Z400.1, and the original European MSDS formats become officially obsolete and are superceded by the GHS Safety Data Sheet. MIRS will continue to support these formats for archived MSDSs.
MIRS provides dozens of options to customize your MSDSs appearance, ranging from fonts, print size, spacing, colors, graphics, and characters.
The MSDS module also offers flexible means of distribution:
- View or print.
- Print SDSs in any of the various formats, as well as NFPA, HMIS or custom labels.
- Create PDFs or text files.
- Send via fax or email.
- Export SDSs to HTML for publication on the Internet.
- Export to an XML (internet data) file, and upload to site that reads MSDS/SDS XML files
In the MSDS entry area, you can click on the MSDS sections tabs to jump to any section of the MSDS. In addition to text entry, MSDSs can be scanned and stored as images or downloaded from the web or CD ROM.
Easily create Hazard Labels. HMIS III, NFPA or cre...
Easily create Hazard Labels. HMIS III, NFPA or create your own format.
Below is an example of an MSDS printed from the MI...
Below is an example of an MSDS printed from the MIRS™ MSDS software module.
MIRS™ provides tremendous flexibility to customize the content and appearance of your MSDSs, from dozens of options to customize your MSDS appearance, ranging from fonts, print size, spacing, colors, graphics, and characters, to the ability to include trade names, part numbers, container sizes, VOC and HAP/volume content, pH levels, Reference numbers, RTECs numbers, UPC/EAN numbers, and more.
MIRS™ supports creation of MSDSs in OSHA 9-part or ANSI, Canadian, and European 16-part formats, options to include your company's logo or standard policy information and disclaimers. Also includes ample user-defined fields to add both fields and fields labels in each MSDS section.
Use the MIRS™ MSDS module to put your company`s MS...
Use the MIRS™ MSDS module to put your company's MSDSs on an internet or intranet website, as seen below:
Convenient OSHA Hazard Communication compliance tool!
- MSDSs can be text-based, PDF, JPG, GIF or TIFF formats.
- Include Emergency Response Plans, Safety Guidelines, facility diagrams or any other documents that you want to make accessible to employees.
- You can reorder the list by Manufacturer, Product name, CAS#, MSDS date and more.
- Includes a hyperlinked Glossary of EH&S terms.
The MSDS Module produces a variety of NFPA, HMIS, ...
The MSDS Module produces a variety of NFPA, HMIS, custom labels and Hazard Summary sheets, with examples below:
The CLE (Chemical List Extension) is an add-on module to SARA, FORM R, (M)SDS, AIR, WASTE or NPDES. The CLE greatly expands the standard chemical database for identifying and cross-checking multiple agency lists. The CLE data can used to automatically generate Section 15 (Regulatory Information) of the SDS.
CLE provides an integrated 200,000+ chemical library to expedite entry of chemical ingredients, and cross reference for more than 100 agency lists, including US EPA SARA, CAA, CWA, TSCA, ODC, Canadian NPRI, IDL, DSL, several national inventory lists, and various state lists such as CA, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, WI.
OSHA HAZCOM Module
The OSHA HAZCOM module is an add-on to the (M)SDS module. OSHA HAZCOM tracks data for the full range of OSHA hazard communication compliance:
- Employee training.
- Chemical exposure.
- Illness and injury, inlcuding the OSHA 301, OSHA 300 and 301a.
(M)SDS NETVIEW Module
This add-on to (M)SDS module covers OSHA HazCom and Employee Right-to-Know issues with a robust PC-based compliance tool. Provides company employees with read-only access to the electronic SDSs through your company's local area network. Allows 10 concurrent users. More users can be added as required.
(M)SDS DISTRIBUTION Module
Add-on to (M)SDS module automates SDS printing for manufacturers and suppliers required to include SDSs with their products.
- Interfaces with order entry to print ready-to-mail SDSs.
- Tracks customers associated with each SDS.
- Automates remailing of updates based on selected criteria.
AnSDS On-Demand Wizardprovides any easy way to fulfill requests for SDS(s) from your customers. SDSs can be emailed, faxed, or printed for mailing hard copy.
No reviews were found for A-V-Systems - SDS Management & OSHA Compliance Software. Be the first to review!