Artel - PCS Software
Ensure pipettes are performing properly and operator skills are standardized. Manage your pipette calibration program and assess operator competency. Used in combination with the Artel PCS, the PCS Software ensures your pipettes and their operators are working together to generate accurate and reproducible results. The PCS Software provides scheduling for pipette calibrations and interim performance verifications; complete documentation and pipette inventory management, even for pipettes calibrated outside of PCS Software – and it’s ideal for standardizing pipetting technique and assessing operator competency.
Pipette Inventory and QC
Maintain and manage your entire pipette inventory for complete QC of each device. Schedule calibrations and interim performance verification at defined intervals, and if required perform calibrations on an ad-hoc basis. Pipettes that have been calibrated outside of PCS Software can have those calibration records uploaded and become part of the pipette’s history.
Customize tolerances based on your lab’s requirements to provide pass/fail results.
Email notifications for calibrations, competency assessments, and for overdue tasks. Review, approve and sign-off on calibration reports electronically. Generate calibration and inventory labels.
Facilitates compliance to 21 CFR Part 11. Allows user authentication and privilege management, versioning of calibration, training plans and electronic signatures. Provides a complete audit trail.
Schedule and document operator performance for internal and external regulatory compliance.
- Calibrate pipettes in the lab in which they are used; review results anywhere
- Standardize pipetting technique with scheduled and documented operator competency assessments
- Conduct interim performance verifications to supplement full calibration programs
- Verify pipette performance before and after maintenance, or following outsourced service
- Perform “quick checks” when pipetting performance or operator technique is in question
- Upload calibration certificates and repair documentation, as well as summary statistics for pipettes calibrated outside of PCS Software, including Artel Data Manager, Artel Pipette Tracker and third party or manufacturer services.
- x64 Processor: 1.4 GHz or faster
- Windows 10
- 4 GB of Memory
- 40 GB of hard drive space
- 2 available USB ports
- an intuitive, dashboard-based user interface with a “Get Started” menu to guide users through initial set-up
- an overview of current and overdue tasks, with clearly-highlighted outstanding items
- customizable shortcuts to place the most relevant actions just a click away
PCS Software guides users through pipette calibration, and records details including pipette status (passed / failed), all calibration data points (including repeated attempts and audit comments), pipette ID, operator, reviewer, and all calibration solutions used. Electronic signatures enable a streamlined, paperless workflow.
An optional Security Suite offers essential features for facilities that maintain compliance with Title 21 CFR Part 11:
- unique user account credentials ensure all actions are tracked with a full audit trail
- user groups with specific privileges can be established
- new plans and plan updates require approval and are given specific version numbers
- laboratory managers can set an electronic signature requirement at any step (for full compliance with the lab’s own quality system)
- each auditable action requires audit comments when complete, and audit data is saved in secure SQL databases which may be placed on a mapped server to ensure regular back-ups
This comprehensive report captures each pipette calibration, clearly identifying the pipette’s pass/fail status and all data: the pipette, operator, reviewer, all calibration solutions used, repeated attempts and corresponding audit comments. Electronic approval and sign-off simplifies both review and recordkeeping.
Click here to view a full pipette calibration report.
Regularly-scheduled assessments are now part of many laboratories’ own quality systems, and may be a regulatory requirement as well. The PCS and PCS Software is the ideal training tool because of its immediate feedback of actual volume pipetted. PCS Software allows set-up of individual training and competency assessment plans, and the Operator Training Report provides documented proof of personnel training and skills appraisal. Trainees receive email notification for upcoming training events, and managers can digitally review and approve results.
Click here to view a full operator training report.
In the event that a pipette is not functioning properly and is sent out for repair, it may be returned with a calibration certificate. That calibration certificate and the summary statistics can be tracked with the pipette’s history.