Biosafety Registration Module
The researcher-friendly Biosafety Registration Module enhances biosafety and biosecurity by providing the processes and controls that allow researchers to properly register and oversee their use of biological materials and methods. The module's secure, easy-to-use, web-based interface was designed to help laboratories accurately and confidently report their activities within a framework conducive to cooperation.
- Manage registration process that is easy for Researchers, Biosafety Officers, and IBC members
- Comply with IBC guidelines remotely in a digital environment
- Improves visibility into registrations and applicable guidelines
- Reduces research approval time
- Records biological agents & rDNA
- Improve Compliance Management : Track the details of each lab's progress through the registration process and provide high-level reporting of current registration status across the research center. Labs stay on task with automated reminders of registration expirations. Meanwhile, additional compliance support comes in the form of manual email reminders and correspondence tracking.
- Reduce Time to Approval : Biosafety officers will be able to walk into audits and inspections with full knowledge of the laboratory's research in hand, enabling Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBCs) to readily review summaries and approve research. This module also lets IBCs send review questions and comments directly to principal investigators, which expedites registration updates and resubmission.
- Increase Efficiency : The Smart Wizard feature walks researchers through logic-based surveys and input forms, ensuring they are only asked questions pertinent to their work. Researchers can easily update their summary throughout the year and submit renewals when required.
- Enhance Teamwork : The module tracks projects and laboratory members working on each project. It also makes it easy to delegate the biosafety registration process to a laboratory member while maintaining checks and balances for review and submission.
- Make Information Easy to Access : The module keeps a record of all biological agents and rDNA, including plasmids, viruses, and recombinant organisms. A biological summary document for each laboratory lets the IBC accurately evaluate and review research projects.
- Process Integration : By connecting this module with the Training Module, Form Manager, and Equipment Manager, the system integrates multiple laboratory processes through one familiar interface.