CALPUFF View is a non-steady state Gaussian puff model, suitable for long range transport, atmospheric chemistry, visibility and scenarios with complex wind fields, such as coastal and complex terrain areas. CALPUFF View provides a complete graphical solution for the CALPUFF modeling system; CALPUFF, CALMET, and CALPOST, along with their related pre and post processors.
All three modeling systems are supported by the interface:
- USEPA Approved Version 5.8
- Version 6
- Version 7
CALPUFF View includes powerful and independent QA tools, stunning report-ready results, and a wide range of visualization options.
CALPUFF is a sophisticated model and is used in many modeling scenarios including:
- Toxic pollutant deposition
- Visibility assessments
- Complex terrain
- Secondary pollutant formation
- Long range and overwater transport
- Building downwash
- Costal interaction effects
- Dry deposition
- Fumigation conditions
- Chemical transformation
- Sub-hourly time steps
Integrated Graphical User Interface
Fully integrated interface combining easy to use graphical tools (e.g., sources, buildings, and receptors), seamless model run, and automated contouring and posting of results.
This exciting feature allows you to play and record plume animations along with your wind field. view video
Powerful 3D Visualization
Complete 3D visualization of your entire modeling area. Sources, buildings, wind field, and concentration/deposition contour results are displayed in context with the surrounding terrain.
Export to Google Earth™
This exciting feature allows you to export your buildings, sources, receptors and contours into Google Earth giving you a more realistic image of where your pollutants will impact surrounding areas. learn more
Puff Tracking Animations in Google Earth™
Using the export to Google Earth feature you can quickly and easily see where your puff will impact. The play feature shows how your puff disperses over time.
Auto-Download of Terrain/Land Use Data
CALPUFF View now allows the user to automatically download global terrain data files (DEM, SRTM, GTOPO) and land use data (LULC, NLCD92, GLCC). Easily process data for anywhere in the world.
Sloped Roof Tool
This utility allows users to automatically create multiple building tiers based on the defined top and bottom tier to create the appearance of a sloped roof.
CALPUFF View Easy-to-Use Wizards
CALPUFF View provides an easy-to-use graphical interface. Each section can be completed by following the steps outlined in various wizards so that you don’t miss specifying required information.
Complete Meteorological Pre-Processors
CALPUFF View seamlessly runs SMERGE, METSCAN, READ62, PXTRACT, and PMERGE for all of your met processing. Surface, Upper Air, and Precipitation files can be downloaded automatically from WebMET.
Now you can use either the US EPA approved CALPUFF model or version 6.0 for your modeling needs. The user can switch from one model to another with the click of a button, even in the middle of a project!
Support for Latest EPA Approved Models
You can select to use either the US EPA approved CALPUFF models or the latest version of the CALPUFF models. The user can switch from one model to another with the click of a button, even in the middle of a project!
ALPUFF View is an interface for the CALPUFF modeling system. See below the technical specifications for this model:
- Model Name: CALPUFF
- Model Type: Non-steady state Gaussian Puff model
- Range: 200-300km from the source
- Time Step: 1 hour (version 5.8), variable down to the second (version 6.0)
- Terrain: Elevated, processed by TERREL
- Building Downwash: Modeled by BPIP or BPIP-PRIME
- Source Types: Point, area, volume, line, flare*
- Meteorology: Hourly surface, upper air and precipitation data and/or prognostic data (e.g. MM5 or WRF)
- Wind Field: Three dimensional
- Release Types: Buoyant or neutrally buoyant plumes
- Emission Types: Constant or time-varying, planned or fugitive
- Atmospheric Chemistry: MESOPUFF II, RIVAD/ARM3, SOA and user specified transformation rates
- Regulatory Status: Preferred US EPA regulatory model for long-range and visibility applications. Also used for complex wind field scenarios
This product is a Microsoft Windows-based program that can be installed in the following Windows operating systems:
- 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 & 8.1
- Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate Versions)
- 2.4GHz processor or faster
- At least 20 GB of available hard disk space
- At least 2 GB of RAM