COBOL-IT - Compiler Suite Enterprise Edition
An Enterprise COBOL Compiler Suite that is highly adapted to the needs of Enterprises with Mission Critical COBOL components in their Enterprise Solution Stack. Enables you to compile existing Enterprise COBOL programs and run the compiled objects in all Open Systems Unix, Linux, and Windows platforms. Provides interoperability with all of the core elements of your Enterprise Solution Stack, including databases, transactional monitors, data manipulation tools, indexed file systems and third-party tools. Provides high compatibility with your existing COBOL Compiler, ensuring a rapid transition with minimal cost and minimal risk.
The COBOL-IT Compiler Suite Enterprise Edition provides high-performance and a very high level of compatibility with Micro Focus and IBM COBOL compilers, ensuring a rapid transition with minimal cost and minimal risk. Our goal is to provide you with a transition transparent to your users, with equal or better performance and interoperability with all of the elements in your Enterprise Solution Stack!
- Availability on all Open System Platforms
- Open Source Core Technology
- Subscription-based Pricing
- Highly optimizable object code
- Compiler configuration file
- Compatibility with EXTFH and EXTSM
- Database connectivity
- High-Performance External SORT Utility
- ICU Code-page Support
- EBCDIC Character Set Handling
- Debugging Tools
- Easy to transition from any COBOL compiler on any system.
- Allows COBOL-IT to provide the highest value possible with a COBOL compiler that satisfies your requirements.
- Provides Customers with a flat rate that secures the services they need when they need them. Customers avoid expensive and sometimes unpredictable new license costs.
- COBOL-IT objects are created with the host machine’s “C” compiler. All the optimization capabilities of the “C” compiler are available to the COBOL programmer. When performance is critical, COBOL-IT fast performance can often be made even faster.
- Eases the transition of applications developed using other COBOL compilers, which may contain a lot of compiler flags and directives. COBOL-IT technicians and certified COBOL-IT partners can help you navigate through these issues and greatly shorten your transition time, saving you a lot of money.
- EXTFH compatibility provides the COBOL-IT Enterprise Runtime System connectivity to any ISAM file system that is also EXTFH- compatible. EXTSM compatibility provides accessibility to any external data manipulation module that is EXTSM compatible.
- COBOL-IT allows you to connect to the latest releases of Oracle databases using the Oracle Pro*COBOL pre-compiler. COBOL- IT’s CitSQL Family of Pre-compilers provide connectivity to the latest releases of Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- CitSORT is a very high performance external data manipulation / sort utility which uses syntax compatible with DFSORT, MFSORT and AcuSort. It provides a straightforward plug-and-play replacement for these other utilities in most cases.
- Opens the widest range of code-pages to users of COBOL-IT to ensure that they will be able to develop their applications for users around the globe.
- Provides a high-value capability for Mainframe users allowing them to perform batch processing in a Mainframe/Unix share folder. COBOL-IT’s support for the EBCDIC character set allows for the COBOL-IT compiler/runtime to be used and save expensive mainframe cycles.
- Records where the runtime is spending time, so that performance bottlenecks can be easily identified and removed.
- The debugger engine, cobcdb, is documented and provides the ability to attach to a running process, set conditional breakpoints, perform stepping operations, modify and display variable values in hex or ASCII format, monitor variables, reproduce the state of programs loaded in memory at the time of an abend and more.
- Users can store the state of their application runtime session in a checkpoint file. This file can be used to restore the state of the runtime session, and resume the runtime session at the checkpoint.
The COBOL-IT Compiler Suite includes the following extensions:
- An interactive COBOL debugger
- A 'Crash Dump' function was added to manage memory buffers after an abnormal processing event.
- A “Profiling” function was added to fine tune COBOL-IT applications
- Improved extensions and compiler functions such as the External File Handler (EXTFH) and the Callable Sort Module (EXTSM)
- Improved Micro Focus compatibility for an easier move to COBOL-IT
- Improved compatibility with Windows: Use of Microsoft VC++, native call interface implementation, etc.
- An Integrated Pre-processor Interface
- A Debugging Options for original or pre-compiled source code
- Checkpoint & Restore function support
- Thread Safe support
- CITSORT support (with the Enterprise Edition)
- The best-in-breed COBOL solution available!
- Professional, enterprise-class compiler
- The freedom of an Open Source solution
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Predictable future cost of ownership
- A complete toolkit, including IDE, sort, database precompilers, and XML
- Standard support hours 8 AM to 6 PM EST
- Extended support up to 24x7 available
- Highly experienced support staff
- Prompt, courteous resolution of your issues
- Direct access to COBOL-IT user forum
COBOL-IT Developer Studio is a COBOL development workshop based on the Eclipse environment. The Eclipse environment offers great flexibility through its wide range of plug-ins. COBOL-IT Developer Studio may be customized according to the specific needs of each company and each individual user.
The COBOL-IT Developer Studio includes the following features :
- A Project Manager
- A full screen editor with colorized syntax designed for the COBOL language
- An interactive debugger
- Auto Complete Function : the editor autocomplete the variables and labels defined in your program
- Use of COBOL Code Templates : user defined piece of code is inserted at the cursor position
- COBOL variables information : the editor can display the variable definition by moving the cursor on the variable name
- Autouppercase function to automatically capitalize some user-defined keywords
- Go to Declaration function to automatically jump to the variable definition
- Local History to keep a previous version of your COBOL code
- Compiler Suite compile, debug & link options accessible through a dedicated GUI interface
- And much more !
During recent benchmark tests, COBOL-IT demonstrated performance levels equal to or better than its competitors. COBOL-IT complies with the strict COBOL usage and reliability standards required by professional software product companies.
Oracle Pro*COBOL: provides access to Oracle data bases from COBOL-IT applications,
IBM UDB/DB2 Precompiler: provides access to DB2 data bases from COBOL-IT applications, Syncsort: COBOL-IT applications can include the high performance sort routines from Syncsort and replace the default sort module, Compiler Suite is certified with Oracle Tuxedo: COBOL-IT applications using the Oracle transactional monitor to manage critical COBOL applications.
Compiler Suite is now certified with XFRAME, the transactional monitors from HTWC for managing CICS transactions on Open Systems. Native SQL Precompilers usable with MySQL, PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server are now available as separate products. Compiler Suite is now available on zLinux platforms.
The following improvements are scheduled for this year:
- Graphical User Interface Extension
- JAVA, SOA and Web Services integration
- And much more!
ESI also provides one-time services such as:
- Adapting COBOL sources using extensions from other compilers to operate with ours.
- Converting 4GLs to standard COBOL.
- Restructuring COBOL sources using any COBOL compiler to eliminate 'spaghetti' significantly reducing the cost of maintenance.
- Modernizing COBOL applications to operate natively with a relational database management system or a graphical user interface.