Gemini - Water and Drainage Data Portal
Gemini Portal gives you access to water and drainage data in real time and is primarily designed for people who work in the field. Applications have thousands of users.
Portal has a simple, map-based user interface and has access to data from the system of records database (Gemini VA). The application is web-based and can be used from mobiles, tablets and PCs.
Map-based user interface
Users can access the information they need wherever they are, which makes it easier to keep the documentation of the water and drainage network up to date.
'The municipalities can save large costs through good access to information in the field when there has been an accident, or when they are planning operations and maintenance work,” says the product manager for Gemini Portal, Atle Vaaland.
The cloud solution is developed and operated by Powel. Sharing access to the same information through a portal across more people in the organisation makes it easier to detect faults and defects and data can be updated more continuously.
Displays both map and technical data
The portal displays both map and technical data, and retrieves the data directly from the municipalities’ Gemini VA database. This gives the user access to real-time information with no need to convert and synchronise.
Other documentation such as manhole cards and images and pipe inspections are also available in the portal. Gemini Portal is the core solution for many people who work on the water and drainage network in the municipalities.
'Day-to-day work becomes much easier with Gemini Portal readily available on the tablet or mobile phone,” says Vaaland.Act more quickly if anything is wrong
Through the portal, the municipality can record changes in the network even better than before, and so act more quickly if anything is wrong or if something needs to be upgraded or changed. Accurate measurement of the network in real time is becoming more and more important for municipalities, and is something Powel will be focusing on in the future.
“With our solutions such as Gemini Portal and Gemini VA, the municipalities can act faster if there is a fault and potentially save major costs,” says Vaaland, and he gives an example:
“Through the portal, the municipalities can get a complete overview of all their fire hydrants with just a few keystrokes, so that it becomes possible to move more quickly to put out fires and save lives,” he says.
Gemini Portal is supplied as a pure web application, so there is no need to install the solution on the individual device. The user interface is optimised for tablets running Apple iOS and Android, but can also be used in a browser on normal PCs.Main advantages of Gemini Portal:
- Very simple user interface.
- Correct map and water and drainage data to hand at all times.
- Water and drainage data available everywhere, in the office, in the meeting room or out in the field.
- Provides access to properties, documents, images and updated diary data for every object/facility.
- Stability and high uptime.
- Predictable costs for customers, and predictable performance.
- Cloud technology which safeguards the security of all parts of the solution.
- Great background maps or aerial photos from ‘Norge digitalt’.
- Constantly updated water and drainage data via 3G/4G/WiFi.
- Access to the water and drainage network on all types of device, including PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
- Positioning via built-in GPS on the tablet or smartphone.
Diary logging in Gemini Portal holds information on day-to-day operation and maintenance of the water and drainage network. Here you can record operational faults, quality assessments, renovation and flushing of the network. When the operational history is captured and documented over time, it is very valuable to the municipalities later.
“Much of the recording is done out in the field by the people making the repairs. This makes the documentation of work done more accurate and the documentation job itself is more efficient,” he says.
The solution updates itself in real time from the database in Gemini VA.
Gemini Portal has an option that allows you to enter new manhole images directly from the field. You can upload photos directly into Gemini Portal using a PC or mobile/tablet.
“If the device has an integrated compass, the user will see a compass with instructions for lining up to the north. They can enter a comment and specify whether it is a primary or secondary image. The time when the photo was taken is automatically linked to the image, which is very useful afterwards,” says Atle Vaaland, product manager for Gemini Portal at Powel.
Booking of work orders:
The Booking function in Gemini Portal is an option for entering bookings. Bookings can be created directly in Gemini Portal or set up in Gemini VA, via the planning and booking function in this program.
The user will get a list of booked jobs in Gemini Portal and can use simple filters to find the relevant booking. Information about the booking is displayed, and any attachments can be opened.Property information: The following detailed information is available in this option:
- Property Information -registration/title number, address and type of property from Matrikkelen (the land registry).
- Buildings - list of buildings recorded on the property from the registry.
- Owners -list of title-holders (owners) from the registry.
- Attachments – list of and access to attachments linked to building points in Gemini VA
- Case Manager Portal – list of and access to cases and documents in the Powel Water Case Manager portal (requires the municipality to have implemented the solution)
- Lookup – more information about the property through links to Se Eiendom, Yellow Pages and Google Maps/Street View as well as the ability to integrate various archives including BraArkiv, Public 360, ePhorte, Websak etc.
Non-water-carrying objects in Gemini VA are presented as a separate map layer (WMS) with clickable objects (WFS) in Gemini Portal. The objects have a similar detail view to water-carrying objects with associated properties and attachments such as images and documents. The map layer is set up by default as a common map layer for non-water-carrying objects (points/lines). We can also offer to set up different map layers for different types of non-water-carrying objects. For example, this could be a separate map layer for fibre and a map layer for district heating. This will then be provided as a consultancy service.The following detailed information will be available:
- General characteristics such as SID, theme, operating responsibilities, year of construction, dimensions and status
- Location with coordinates and link to Google Maps/Street View for points
- Images contained in attachments
- Custom properties
Recording water and drainage objects in the field with the aid of GPS positioning
This module is available to customers with version 2.0 and higher. It allows you to enter water and drainage objects directly into Gemini Portal, by connecting up a GPS rod or pointing/clicking on the map.
Using Gemini Portal to plot coordinates, you will have full validation of all properties that have been entered plus real-time updating of the Gemini VA database. All quality coding of survey data follows the new SOSI standard and gives you a good overview of how many coordinates have been entered in a single user interface.
Gemini Portal with cloud operation
Powel can offer Gemini Portal with cloud operation. The cloud service comes with a front-end on a Microsoft Azure platform. This provides the municipalities with very predictable costs in connection with the implementation and further operation of Gemini Portal. This also ensures that you are quickly updated to new versions of the solution. You also save internal operating costs of running a web server, as well as getting a hardware platform that can be scaled up if needed.