Automate tracking of hazardous materials down to individual containers throughout your operations to improve the efficiency of your waste management program. IHS provides the information you need to safely store, transport and use regulated chemicals, while maintaining compliance with regulations worldwide.
Growing regulatory requirements and increased demand for transparent reporting make it more important than ever to ensure that your hazardous waste storage and disposal records are always accurate and up to date. With IHS software, content and expertise you can centrally monitor processes for collection, storage, transportation and disposal of regulated waste materials by managing thousands of hazardous material transactions with a single, unified system.
Increase efficiency and reduce risk by eliminating redundant effort and inconsistent hazardous waste management processes. IHS helps you simplify compliance with hazardous waste management regulations, including:
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)- US
- Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act SARA 313 Toxic Release Inventory- US
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)- US
- National Pollution Release Inventory (NPRI)- Canada
- Waste Framework Directive (2008/98/EC)- European Union
- Hazardous Waste Regulations- UK
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI)- Australia
Trace waste containers from point of generation to final disposal so you can quickly and easily locate individual waste containers and view the complete historical profiles. IHS also provides robust information management capabilities that enable you to:
- Reduce disposal errors: Make sure that waste is only shipped to approved waste disposal facilities.
- Generate shipping manifests: Quickly and easily produce hazardous and non-hazardous shipping documents.
- Reduce compliance risk: Save time and enhance auditability to decrease the risk of fines or damaged reputation due to errors from manual data entry processes.
IHS provides capabilities that support effective day-to-day management of hazardous wastes by:
- Generating regulatory and barcode labels
- Creating waste profiles
- Shipping with approved waste profiles to approved disposal facilities
- Enabling inspection of waste storage areas
Store and organize data necessary to support comprehensive waste management, including:
- Waste manifest information from vendors and onsite shipment
- Applicable regional, federal, provincial and state waste codes
- Analytic results for waste profiles, including attachments
- Data collected using handheld devices and web-based data entry forms
In addition, you can export data to Waste Reporter, an IHS-developed tool that assists organizations in completing the US Federal Biennial Hazardous Waste reports in hardcopy and electronic format.
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make hazardous waste management part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single, world-class provider.