The great ease of use and stunning response times offered by MESSIR-VISION enable Forecasters to further concentrate on improving the quality and accuracy of their forecast products.
MESSIR-VISION runs on a simple PC under Windows, making it very easy to install and maintain.
Plug into any data source!
MESSIR-VISION receives its data from any data source such as :
- MESSIR-COMM and other Message Switching System
- GTS / WIS
- SADIS, ISCS, NOAA/WIFS
- METEOSAT, EUMETCast, GEONETCast, INSAT
- Ethernet/FTP, Internet, email …
Display and print all data and products!
- Global and Mesoscale GRIB/GRIB2 NWP model outputs from various origins and types : UK Met Office, ECMWF, Offenbach, Washington, Arome, Aladin, Hirlam, WRF, MM5, ETA, PUM,…
- PNG/T4 or BUFR-coded charts such as SIGWX, Wind-temperature, …
- Ingest data in BUFR format (SYNOP, SHIP, CLIMAT, TEMP, PILOT, TAF, METAR/SPECI, AIREP, AMDAR...)
- Satellite products and imagery: METEOSAT-MSG (SEVIRI, MPEF SAF, ..), METOP, NOAA-GOES, GMS, MTSAT, FENGYUN, XPIF, GEOTIFF, GRIB, …
- Weather radar images, Lightning data, Wind-shear alert data
Produce and export your own charts!
- 'On-screen' production of SIGWX charts, with possibility to integrate and rework BUFR data originating from WAFS
- 'On-screen' production of analysis and forecast analysis charts using a comprehensive range of meteorological symbols
- Integrated map generator to create your own map backgrounds
- Storage of the produced charts in central database
Feed your corporate or public Web Server with high added value outputs !
- Web Services are available for data extraction from MESSIR-VISION Geospatial-enabled database by 3rd party applications
- Automated charts and animations production according to user-defined schedule
- Image and product export: JPEG, TIFF, Postscript, PDF, XML …
- Standard codec and video format support : DivX, MPEG, AVI, …
A tremendous forecasting tool !
- Data plotting: surface / upper air, isolining (with on-screen modification), color shading, objective analysis, time-series, air masses, overlay with satellite images
- Display, animate, overlay all parameters (wind, temperature, pressure, humidity, marine) from NWP models
- Combine and create new NWP parameters (formula)
- Display models in 3D, contours, streamlines, values, color shading, sections
- Global as well as high-resolution LAM numerical models
- Overlays, multi-windowing, various projections
- Data monitoring and visual alerting
- METAR/TAF comparison
- Macro-commands: display all the data needed on a routine daily basis with three clicks only
- Replay archived weather situation for training purpose
- Satellite images channels combination and reprojection, forecasted satellite image
- Multi-windowing, standard projections (cylindrical, mercator, sterographic, spaceview, …)
- Multi-screen support (with compatible video card)
- Advanced printing functions : user-defined layout, pre-printed maps, …
- Temporal and vertical cross section
- Fully customizable color palettes, Intelligent zooming and panning
- Editable movie loops
- Word wide coverage integrated map generator : stations, coasts, regional maps, roads, rail, digital elevation model, GIS integration, …
- User customizable workspaces and layout
MESSIR-VISION has been chosen by the French Air Force (75 units), the Belgium Air Force (11 units), the NOAA of the U.S.A (ISCS workstation), the European Community for the Meteosat MSG PUMA Project in 50 African countries, the WMO for the SIDS Caribbean project (12 units), the WMO for the Tsunami Warning related Pakistan Project, the NOAA of the U.S.A for the Tsunami Warning related Projects in Sri Lanka and Maldives, the National Met Services of Portugal, Singapore, Thailand, Mexico, Malaysia, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, India Air Force.
MESSIR-VISION is very easy to use. A forecaster (or other user) is familiar with MESSIR-VISION after few time of practice. Users may learn MESSIR-VISION just by sitting in front of their monitor, clicking and navigating through menus.
Meteorological Services have similar needs, but each of them is specific. MESSIR-VISION is a flexible system which can be adapted to your specific context. MESSIR-VISION can be adapted to your specific data sources. MESSIR-VISION can be adapted to your specific data formats. MESSIR-VISION can be adapted to the specific needs of the end-users / customers of your Meteorological Service. MESSIR-VISION is available in a light 'stand-alone' configuration as well as in powerful client / server configuration including a powerful central duplicated database and dozens of clients.
COROBOR sytèmes is ISO 9001 Certified