Mettenmeier - Version NRM - Professional Documentation and Management Software for Gas
From Smallworld GIS - NRM
Smallworld NRM Gas is used for professional documentation and management of gas distribution networks. NRM Gas is certified by, and developed to specifications outlined by the DVGW – German Technical and Scientific Association on Gas and Water. In addition to network and plant documentation NRM Gas enables the seamless integration of planned assets, as well as the documentation of assets that are out of service or abandoned. NRM Gas is a proven, high performance, resilient industry focused solution. Its out-of-the-box pre-configured templates, support for multi-Ianguages, and standard data model is designed to drive down total cost of ownership.
Standard Data Model
NRM Gas contains a comprehensive data model that describes the gas supply chain from the regulator station to the customer consumption point including the operational status of valves. Network assets are modelled to different pressure levels:
- High pressure
- Middle pressure
- Low pressure
- Service connection
- Empty conduits (see Pipe Management Module)
Assets may also be differentiated by attribute value (make, type, model. zone etc.). Design management capabilities allow the integration of planned assets with the as-built network providing network tracing and reporting capabilities.
Map and Network Documentation
NRM Gas provides the capability to seamlessly display and manage any type of map information. This includes aerial photography, satellite imagery, photographs, scanned plans as well as scale dependent digitised representations of the network asset.
- The gas network may be described geographically, geo-schematically, or schematically including the use of internaI plant views. Inherent logic and business rules ensure the integrity of network information and allow the modelling of gas flows.
- Modelling of all above and below ground network assets
- Support for multi-utilities
- Design and Asset Lifecycle Management
- Map management
- Automated planning tools for complex equipment (e.g. service connections, plant internals etc.)
- Automatic data quality checking
- Schematic generation (manually)
- Comprehensive network tracing
- Pre-configured localised equipment catalogues
- Automated feeder annotation
- Rule based automated data integrity checking
Support of Working Procedures
Utilising the Smallworld GIS core platform NRM Gas was designed to improve efficiency, reduce cost and meet the latest regulatory requirements. NRM Gas has high integration proficiency in supporting internal workflows and procedures:
- Consolidated solution to replace existing multiple legacy applications and reduce drawing office backlog – improving records quality and legacy support costs.
- An integrated solution to support business process automation – improve asset data quality and support single point of data entry.
- Improve asset knowledge – reducing asset risk management through use of business intelligent analytical application.
- Interface to 3rd party gas analytics to support improved design management capabilities
- Use of industry standard interfaces (e.g. SAP, SOA) to support improvements in asset maintenances, inspection cycles and outage management; and improvements in customer service