Version YESDAQ - Database & Display System
YESDAQ software for MS-Windows NT/2000/XP supports the collection, database storage and web presentation of instrument data. It lets TSI and RSS users both view and analyze historical data. YESDAQ fully automates the retrieval, processing, and display of data from one or more instruments via the Internet.
It supports data collection from multiple
- TSI-880 Total Sky Imagers
- Rotating Shadowband Spectroradiometers
- Automated Radiosonde Launchers
- Vaisala Model CT-25K ceilometers
YESDAQ is designed to meet the needs of the professional meteorological environmental data collection network. It is built around sophisticated standards such as TCP/IP networking for communication with remote systems, helping you leverage your organization’s existing Internet communication infrastructure. Because it automates all data collection and presentation processing, it frees you to perform the important tasks of data analysis and interpretation.
- Schedule-driven instrument data collection
- Web server component that provides display to users via a web user interface (WUI)
- Advanced MySQLTM open source database
- Supports large and reliable data storage capacity via the NTFS file system
- “Clientless” web browser interface permits administration from anywhere on the Internet
- ODBC driver allows export of live data to 3rd party MS-Windows user programs
- Native C, Java JDBC and Perl interfaces
- Data re-processing services supports re-analysis of stored data using alternate algorithm settings
- Data replication services permits multiple YESDAQ databases to be synchronized across TCP/IP links, or via a static CD-ROM file system 'snapshot image'
- On-demand animation of TSI data via quick view anmations or day-long MPEG-1 movies
- Numerical Weather Prediction model input
- Remote environmental monitoring
- Surface transportation weather
- Long term environmental research
- Physical security and site monitoring
YESDAQ is standards-based and uses nonproprietary components including SQL and the Apache web server. In this era of rapid technological change, you can trust your data to YESDAQ and its underlying open source database technology. YESDAQ’s architecture rests on a powerful MySQLTM database. The database is open source technology and thus well-tested and supported. It is also expandable as your network grows and you never have to worry that your data are locked up in some 'proprietary format'.