Wonderware - System Platform Software
Real-time SCADA and operations management unifying people, information and processes. With 20 years of proven success worldwide, across market segments ranging from process and discrete manufacturing, oil and gas, food and beverage, water and wastewater and power and utilities among others, Wonderware System Platform is the preferred, trusted choice for thousands of system integrators and end users.
System Platform empowers users with rich visualization, intelligent alarming, flexible analysis and reporting tools in addition to plug-in extension applications such as MES, workflow, quality, batch and enterprise Integration for sustainable production and operations performance improvement.
It uniquely delivers a core foundation for secure, geographically distributed supervisory SCADA applications, plantwide control systems integrations and connectivity of plant floor and remote intelligent sensors into the enterprise.
System Platform is an integrated, unifying supervisory platform that is integral to business processes and systems. It serves as the single source of actionable information for operational, engineering and corporate business users.
System Platform Key Value Drivers:
- Unparalleled Engineering Simplicity
- Unmatched Operational Agility
- Real-time Actionable Intelligence
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise-wide Standards Compliance
- Continuous Process Improvement
The pace of industry is not slowing down anytime soon. System Platform is a centralized management suite that integrates your people, information and assets.
With Wonderware System Platform, you will understand the intricacies of your operations like never before. You will make better decisions in real time, operate equipment more efficiently and collaborate more effectively across all departments.
- Faster implementations and lower engineering costs
- Higher application integrity through enterprise-wide standardization
- Rapid change management to quickly respond to changing business requirements
- An open platform on which to design secure IIoTapplications
- Improved situational awareness due to intuitive, actionable visualizations
- Increased operator effectiveness and handling of critical abnormalities
- Minimized shutdowns and system maintenance during unplanned downtime
Helping Remote Users:
- Securely connect any user, anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Improve the efficiency and responsiveness of your field service and maintenance organization
- Collaborate with functional teams inside and outside of the plant
Helping IT Managers and CXOs:
- Effective, timely management using simple intuitive KPIs
- Common information management, analysis and reporting across all levels of the organization
- Industrial strength cyber security, audit trails, user and group authentication and access control
Enabling Unique Business Agility
Built like an operating system for industrial applications, Wonderware System Platform provides centralized configuration, deployment, communication, collaboration, security and data connectivity.
Wonderware System Platform is extremely open and interfaces to countless hardware control and measurement devices and manufacturing systems. It allows extensive re-use of engineering, eases maintenance burdens and extensibility while leveraging the latest IT computing technologies such as virtualization and cloud computing.
System Platform enables unique business agility by completely separating the application design environment from the execution infrastructure environment. Customers can build and test in one environment and then move the entire application to a multi-node production environment without having to modify the application at all. This saves time, lowers risk,improves consistency, and augments continuous improvements. The application design environment can even exist in the cloud enabling remote user collaboration.
Model-driven Information View
- Enables enterprise-wide standardization and a single version of the truth by managing all operating data.
- A common infrastructure that normalizes and contextualizes real-time process, alarms & events and historical archived data in disparate business systems around a common information model,a model that is relevant to all functional teams company-wide.
- This makes the design and maintenance more efficient, flexible and secure.
Centralized, Multi-user Collaboration
- System Platform is an unique collaboration platform for continuous improvement initiative. It ensures application integrity through corporate standardization compliance across processes, functional teams and sites.
- Entire System configuration, administration and deployment can be managed locally or remotely.
- Achieves a competitive edge by enabling rapid change management to align with changing business or technology drivers. Automatically propagating changes systematically across projects reduces risk and the time.
Out-of-the-box Situational Awareness (SA) Library
- System Platform optimizes business performance by empowering end-users to take control of their automation processes and enabling actionable, profitable decisions in real-time.
- Intelligent pre-built graphics content is adaptable, configurable, and incorporates situational awareness concepts; so you don’t need to be an expert in SA theory to successfully apply it in your HMI designs.
- System Platform based graphics have built-in quality processing and diagnostic indication,enabling you to rapidly determine root causes of communications problems.
- Increased effectiveness by 5 fold in detecting abnormal situations before system availability is impacted. A 37% improvement in the success rate for handling abnormal situations when they do occur. A 41% reduction in the time required to complete tasks.
Advanced Alarm Management
With out-of-the-box Alarm analysis, Operators can focus on process improvement and optimization and take proactive steps to minimize or avoid problems and unscheduled shutdowns instead of reacting from alarm to alarm.
- Web-based application for visual analysis of historical alarm data provides the ability to quickly analyze alarm patterns and identify nuisance and ‘bad actor’ alarms that can lead to operator distractions.
- Remote Alarm Call-out notifications and acknowledgements on mobile devices.
- Alarm shelving support
- Plant-State based alarm suppression
- Alarm Border animations
- Grouping and aggregation of active and historical Alarms by severity
Future-Proof Investment with Architectural Flexibility
- System Platform enables applications scaling from a single node to hundreds of nodes without re-architecting the entire application. Simply drag and drop objects to deploy objects on to another machine and scale up from single box solution to client-server to multi-tier tier deployment without re-engineering solution. You can easily scale as your business grows.
- Multi-tiering levels of Historian allows full fidelity of real-time data between the SCADA control network and Business network with total architectural flexibility, yet with secure domain isolation between the two networks.
- Connects to any device or back-end system by using standard interfaces e.g. OPCUA, OPC DA,SQL, SOAP, HTTP/S, .NET for external connectivity.
Unparalleled Engineering Simplicity
- System Platform makes it a breeze to engineers and system builders to implement and maintain SCADA platforms by maximizing automatic reuse and distribution of engineering content across the project lifecycle or yet another site.
- I/O Auto Assignment. Greatly reduce traditional labor-intensive and time-consuming mapping to IOs. The I/O auto assignment provides an automated means of configuring application objects to devices and I/O.
- Historical Statistical Summary Data. HMI can be fed data from the real-time data model as well as a time-based historical data model directly from the Historian without any code being written. Operators can now gain a greater understanding of the process past, present, and potential future.
Remote, Mobile User Access
- Uncompromised High Fidelity user experience & functionality with zero client administration
- Identical look and feel of data, HMI visualization for remote and local Operators
- Real-time monitoring and control for remote and mobile users using HTML5 enabled web browsers including mobile devices e.g. tablets and smart phones.
Cyber Security Protection
- Role-based Active Directory Integration
- Encrypted support for clients (HTTPS)
- Comprehensive Audit trail of all user actions and system configuration changes
- Data and Object Level access control
High availability and Reliability
- Redundancy across the IO communications, application/server layer, visualization/client layer, and disaster recovery sites
- Distributed control rooms with enterprise wide data synchronization
- Integrated redundant Historian
- Historical backfill with RTU Time stamp preservation