WQStat Plus - Version 9.4 - Surface Water and Groundwater Environmental Statistics Software
WQStat Plus has been developed with assistance from Colorado State University faculty, the original developers of WQStat II. A subset of the state-of-the-art Sanitas package, WQStat Plus is designed to provide statistical solutions for various types of environmental media (e.g. surface water, groundwater, etc.). This powerful reporting and analysis tool is provided in a Windows-based environment.
WQStat is designed for the more experienced user who is familiar with the underlying assumptions of statistical methods, and it provides distributional pre-tests but does not automate them. It is also an ideal statistical software program for projects requiring a small volume of statistical analyses.
For instance, in deciding whether to construct a nonparametric or a parametric test, WQStat (unlike our Sanitas package) requires the user to manually test each data set for normality, and construct a statistical test based on those results. Plots are generated in single-plot format, and printed in the same manner. Sanitas's Summary Tables and Batch report features are not available in WQStat Plus.
The other key difference between the two programs is their software licensing. Sanitas is licensed on a per-facility basis requiring a site license for each facility (and no restrictions on the number of users). WQStat Plus is licensed per-user, allowing one installation per software purchase.
- Summary Statistics - Time Series, Multiple Constituent Time Series, Box & Whiskers (Seasonal & Annual), Outlier Test, Histogram, Rank Von Neumann, Seasonality, Chi Squared Goodness of Fit test for normality, Shapiro-Wilk/Shapiro-Francia Test for normality.
- Trend Analysis - Linear Regression, Sen's Slope/Kendall Tau, Seasonal Kendall, Shewhart-CUSUM Control Chart.
- Mean/Median Analysis - Mann-Whitney Test, Parametric and Non-Parametric ANOVA.
- Excursion Analysis - Parametric and Non-Parametric Tolerance Interval, Parametric and Non-Parametric Tolerance Limit, Parametric and Non-Parametric Confidence Interval, Parametric and Non-Parametric Prediction Limit.
- Operating System: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8 or 8.1.
- Required Software: Microsoft .NET Framework v.2.0 (you will be prompted to download this free Windows component if it is needed); Internet Explorer 4.0 or later for Help system.
- Disk Space: 50MB for WQStat Plus, and up to 600MB for the Microsoft .NET Framework, depending on system.
WQStat Plus Users
- Environmental Consultants, water quality engineers, and city, state and federal agencies use WQStat Plus to assist them in analyzing environmental data.