2 Days Confined Space Basic Training
Our nationally accredited confined space entry training courses are designed to teach participants how to identify confined space hazards and work safely in confined spaces. This training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces. Work in / entry to confined spaces shall conform to relevant legislation and AS2865-2009 Safe Working in a Confined Space, or it’s authorised update or replacement.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au
Fitness to participate
This course applies to persons who are required to enter confined spaces for maintenance purposes, for cleaning, inspection or other reasons. It is required by all persons who are required to enter a confined space. Participants will learn to complete hazard identifications, risk assessments and work permits for confined space operations and how to operate various confined space safety equipment. Practical entries into confined spaces will be made and practical rescue scenarios will also be covered. As defined by the Australian Standard 2865-2009 reassessment is required ‘at appropriate intervals’. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
This unit includes:
- Australian Standards & relevant legislation
- Identify confined spaces
- Hazard identification, risk assessments and hierarchy of controls Worksite & safety policies & procedures Roles & responsibilities of management & employees Checking the preparations against the permit conditions Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection Tripods, VED’s & fall protective equipment Lockout Tagout & methods of isolation Emergency procedures Preparing to enter the confined space Entering the confined space
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, this includes knowledge of the following:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs hazchem signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Identify changes to conditions which may lead to the permit being revoked before the job is completed
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information.
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain re validation of permit
- Implement hazard controls