Aerial Platform Training Course
From Safety Training
Aerial platform training will provide participants a general understanding of the safe and efficient operation of a Power Operated Mobile Elevated Aerial Work Platform. Aerial platform training will teach trainees how to identify specific health and safety hazards associated with operating these manlifts / boom lifts. Also known as scissor lift training, skyjacks and cherry pickers.
If your company does elevated aerial work in the industries such as window washing, tree cutting, painting at heights etc., you will require aerial lift training for your lifting device. In most cases you will also require fall protection safety training. We can combine fall arrest training with aerial lift certification at the time of booking.
This aerial lift safety training program is divided into two segments.
Part one consists of an in class theoretical course which includes a competency evaluation (true & false test) and review.
Part twoconsists of an on site evaluation which will verify the individuals ability to operate a specific Manlift, in a safe manner.
Part One: 'Concepts of Safe and Efficient Operation'
Scissor Lift / Aerial Lift Certification Course Outline:
Review related sections of the OHS Act, CSA Standards, and Scaffold Industry Association of Canada specifications.
- Operating unsafe equipment or perform unsafe acts.
- Outline fines & penalties for improper use of the equipment.
- Lifting device & mobile equipment definitions.
- Complete review of 'fall arrest' required, and recommended.
- Pre-shift equipment inspection and work area survey requirements.
- Review site specific Hazards, and controls for safe operation of a Manlift.
- Review safety decals, load capabilities, and specific equipment requirements.
- Fifteen key elements for safe operation of a 'Power Elevated Mobile Aerial Work Platform.'
How long does theoretical part of aerial lift certification take?
Theoretical aerial lift training takes approximately two hours. All training is delivered on site and scheduled to your convenience (any shifts).
Manlift Part Two: 'Practical Evaluation'
What Is The Purpose Of Elevated Work Platform Practical Evaluation?
All operators must successfully complete the theoretical portion of this program prior to being evaluated on site-specific equipment.
Each individual will be tested to ensure they can safely and efficiently operate your site-specific equipment. Evaluations will be completed during regular working shifts, wherever possible. On successful completion of both parts one & two of this safety program, the participant will be certified as a 'Power Operated Mobile
Platform (Manlift) Operators. Don't forget we other additional safety courses for lifting devices such as overhead crane training, low pallet truck training and lift truck training rounds it out.;
Aerial Platform Evaluation
Pre-shift equipment inspection, and work area survey.
- Uses proper personal protective equipment as required by the OH&S Act and respective employer.
- Use and proper fitting of fall arrest (harness) device.
- Aware of the manufacturers specs for specific equipment (load limits, etc.).
- Uses a signaler or spotter where required.
- Operates lift only on solid & level ground.
- Operates lift with all other workers clear of the site.
- Closes off site when doing major overhead work/projects.
- Smooth/safe operating speed for various plant conditions.
- Lift mobilizes only when the unit is in fully lowered position.
- All tools and associated equipment safely stored on the lift platform.
How long does the aerial platform training take?
Practical evaluations take approximately one-half (.5) hour. All Aerial Platform / Man lift training, or train the trainer is delivered on site and scheduled to your convenience (any shifts).Other names for this equipment are bucket truck and cherry picker
Where do you do the safety training for power operated Elevated Work Platforms?
Our scissor lift / boom lift training services clients across the United States, Canada and our local customers in Ontario. Our corporate safety trainers are proud to be serving our surrounding areas,in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto, London, Kitchener, St. Catherines, Windsor, Ontario, Buffalo. New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Detroit Michigan.