Aluminum Waste Disposal Field Issues Course
This course discusses the team approach utilized to resolve environmental, operational and regulatory issues involving complex subsurface aluminum dross reactions at a landfill. An overview of these issues is presented along with a firsthand account of the approach taken to resolve them by principal actors who were involved in the process.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the elements of personal photoionization detection (PID) monitoring
- Demonstrate the requirements for personnel protection while drilling
- Understand odor identification and characterization
- Define early remedial alternative evaluations
- Apply response strategies