Applied Program Management Course
Using two real-life urban city sustainability programs (Connected Urban Development and SMART 2020), learn to develop, manage and execute strategic programs, champion change and communicate the associated benefits. Create various program artifacts including a program plan, status reports, and closing and transition documents. Use progressive elaboration and transition documents to keep these artifacts current during a program life cycle and react to various expectations during the process. Experience the challenges of managing a program that engages new technologies, information and issues concerning sustainability and climate change.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- recognize and apply a process for determining projects in a program
- develop, manage, and execute strategic programs
- champion change and communicate the associated benefits
- create various program artifacts including a program plan, status reports, and closing and transition documents
- develop a set of lessons learned that can be used to aid future projects