ArcGIS Course, From Beginner to Advanced Level - Online GIS Training
From ArcGIS 10 Courses
This course will qualify students in ArcGIS Desktop 10.x and in particular in ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcTool Box, starting from the basic level focused on vector and raster data models, how to handle them and store them in a geodatabase, their relationship within a geodatabase and on how to develop final cartographic products and maps, to complex spatial analysis using Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst tools, topology corrections using a geodatabase, programming with ModelBuilder and Network Analyst extension.
Students will be trained in the creation and editing of vector and raster data, in the usage of basic greoprocessing tools available in ArcGIS 10.x, in the management and possible relations between layers within a geodatabase, in the use of topology in order to correct layers, in advanced multi-criteria analysis, as well as in network analysis like finding the optimal routes and best times analysis. The course also provide valuable information in the development of high-quality mapping products.
Enrolled students in this online course will have access to our virtual e-learning platform (which is available 24 hours), where they will find the content of the course, practical exercises, forum discussion and additional content. One of the advantages of this online platform, is that students can benefit of real time support and assistance offered by the instructor (2 hours per week), whom they can contact via direct messages, regarding course related issues, at any moment. They can also contact the instructor via email.
- Highlight the importance and utility of a Geographic Information System (GIS), its integration and applicability in a variety of professional sectors.
- General overview about the essential GIS concepts and about al the basic skills needed in handling ArcGIS 10.x.
- Learn about GIS key tools in an appropriate and professional way, usage of vector and raster data information in order to develop different operations and spatial analysis.
- Find about all possible difficulties which you may encounter in the execution of GIS projects, and their solutions through practical exercises.
- Highlight the importance and utility of a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) especially in the elaboration of complex spatial analysis with applicability in engineering design, topography, geology, hydrology.
- Learn about ModelBuilder which can be used in the development of complex tools, connect different ArcToolBox tools and automate workflows.
- Find about all the advantages of a geodatabase, the possibility of massive topological error correction of vector layers, network analysis and about the capabilities of finding optimal routes, accessibility studies, etc.
- Improve your skills and gain experience in data preparation, layout development, map creation and high quality products delivery.