Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous material that has been a popular building material since the 1950s. It is used as an insulator (to keep in heat and keep out cold), has good fire protection properties and protects against corrosion. Because asbestos is often mixed with another material, it's hard to know if you're working with it or not. But, if you work in a building built before the year 2000, it's likely that some parts of the building will contain asbestos.
The Asbestos Awareness Course is specifically designed to provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation, understand the Hazards and Risks associated with Asbestos, the importance of the Duty to Manage Asbestos, PPE requirements.
- Current legislation (CAW Regulations 2006)
- Appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation.
- Introducing asbestos
- Types of asbestos
- Where asbestos may be found
- Why is there a problem?
- Asbestos related diseases
- Who is at risk & why
- The Duty to manage asbestos
- Assessing the risk
- Personal protective equipment
- Training requirements
This Course is ideal for those who may come into contact with Asbestos.
- Electricians, Plumbers & Gas Fitters.
- Painters & Decorators.
- Construction & Demolition Workers.
- Joiners and Plasterers.
- Computing & Telecommunications Engineers.
- Heating & Ventilation Engineers.
- Architects & Building Surveyors
- Fire & Alarm Installers