Auditing for Environmental Compliance™ was developed to prepare attendees to perform comprehensive compliance audits of all types of organizations in accordance with proven industrial standard practices.
As an environmental auditor, you can improve your organization’s compliance position, control risks, improve internal controls, support environmental management systems, and identify pollution prevention opportunities. Delivering this value requires an effective audit approach, and an understanding of proven audit techniques and industry audit standards. Join us for an in-depth look at all facets of multimedia environmental compliance auditing.
- Learn to be an effective environmental compliance auditor
- Understand audit program elements and components
- Discuss auditing methods and skills
- Explore reporting options
- Anaylize results, including internal controls, root causes, and other factors
This course is perfect for anyone involved in building an audit program, leading audits, or serving on internal audit teams.
- First-, second-, or third-party auditors
- Audit program managers
- EH&S compliance managers
- Risk Managers
- Audit program quality control staff
This course is presented over two days by experienced environmental compliance auditors able to relate course contents to real-life experiences conducting audits for a variety of organizations and industry sectors. Information is presented in a series of well-crafted modules, interspersed with real-life scenarios, exercises, and opportunities for structured class discussion. This course has been refined over many presentations and demonstrates ever-increasing value to attendees.
Course Agendas are subject to change
Day One 8:15 am – 4:15 pm
- Background on Auditing
- Environmental Audit Standards
- Audit Ethics and Standards of Conduct
- Environmental Audit Components and Process Overview
- Pre-Audit Activities
- On-Site Audit Activities
- Evaluating Internal Controls
Day Two 8:15 am – 3:00 pm
- Reporting Results
- Analyzing Results
- Fundamentals of EH&S Regulatory Applicability
- Findings Review and Critique
- Audit Exercise