Cable Detection & Avoidance Training Courses
Cable Detection & Avoidance courses for companies working on roads and highways. Location and Avoidance of Underground Services or Cable avoidance training (Cat and Genny training) will teach you how to avoid underground cables and pipes whilst excavating roads and pavements.
A high proportion of hands on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials. A comprehensive training hand out pack will be included. Assessment will be by written test paper and observations during the course.
Delegates should provide their own personal protective equipment, including, hi-vis jacket, gloves, protective footwear, safety glasses and hard hat
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance that is valid for five years.
- Reasons for using locators – both safety and financial
- Theory – covering both the benefits of the system and the limitations of this cat and genny technology.
- Practical work – hands on locating using receiver, transmitter and accessories.
- Feedback, questions / answers, application and techniques, general care and maintenance of equipment.
- Simple ways to locate street lighting cables.
- Location of bends.
- Location of junctions.
- Identification of utilities.
- Service Connections.
- Locating through concrete reinforcing.
No reviews were found for Cable Detection & Avoidance Training Courses. Be the first to review!