The Certified Environmental Specialist course has been established to give an intensive overview on EPA regulations to professionals who are working within the safety and environmental fields. Working on projects that can pose a potential danger to the public or environment-environmental compliance knowledge and implementation is a must in the workplace. This course covers the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), SPCC, RCBA, EPCRA, TSCA, CERCLA and environmental compliance planning and expectations.
This course is designed for environmental professionals who want to maximize their environmental compliance and ensure public safety in the workplace.
This course provides essential knowledge and understanding of EPA regulations relating to hazardous wastes such as the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA and CERCLA.
The course will enable those who successfully complete the qualifications to implement updated environmental compliance programs at their facility.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operations
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan'