COSHH Assessment & Training
Legislation states that all workplaces that use hazardous substances must carry out COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments, specific to the activities you carry out with the substances. The COSHH regulations require every employer to identify hazards, eliminate or minimise the potential risks from substances and take all necessary control measures to reduce the exposure to the substances to as low as is reasonably practicable. OMS have experienced, qualified consultants who can conduct your COSHH assessments as part of our service. We also provide training in COSHH risk assessments in our training centre.
The COSHH Risk Assessment should consider the following:
- The substance being assessed
- The form the substance is in, i.e. gas, vapour, liquid
- How the substance is being used
- Where the substance is being used
- Who will be affected by the substance
- How the substance is stored.