DOT Hazardous Materials Compliance Training (Unit 1 - Awareness)
From Lead Training
Upon completion of this module, the participant will be able to define the purpose, scope, and applicability of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and their responsibility in DOT regulatory compliance. Also covered are the Hazardous Materials Regulations, training requirements for employees and employers, a review of the nine hazard classes and liability for non-compliance.
- Identify the purpose, scope and applicability of the DOT Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR).
- Identify personal liability for failure to comply with the HMR’s.
- Identify the training requirements DOT has in place for hazardous material employees.
- Understand the general layout of the HMR’s.
- Hazardous Materials Regulations Layout
- Liability (personal and corporate)
- Training requirements
- General Awareness/Familiarization Training
- Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, video presentation, written material), and written evaluation of the student’s performance.
Client Supplied Items:
- Function Specific Policies and Procedures
- DVD Player and corresponding viewing equipment
- Estimated Time Required 2 - 3 hrs.
- Requalification Period 3 yrs.
- Pre-Requisites N/A
- Minimum # Students 4
- Maximum # Students 10
- Additional Course Material Yes