Entry Level Training - 1.2 CEUs
None - No manuals will be forwarded to students in advance of this In-class course - the instructor will provide all material on-site as well as a course completion exam. Attendance on BOTH days is required.
• Legislation: Role of the operator, implications of non-compliance, applicable laws, and Alberta Environment’s certification requirements
• Communication & Math skills: Standard operating procedures, calculations, conversions, daily records
• Water Treatment: Equipment maintenance, drinking water processes / production, contamination risks
• Wastewater Treatment: Principles, stabilization ponds, mechanical plants, equipment maintenance
• Safety & Security: Emergency planning, hazards, safety procedures, protective equipment
• Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection: Systems, components, maintenance, blueprint reading.