Flotech - Safety Relief Valve Technical Outline Course
With the ASME Code, API standards/recommended practices, National Board documents and many other regulatory bodies overseeing the sizing, selection, installation and preventative maintenance of pressure relief devices in all key industries, this training is a very good overview and may provide continuing education credits.
Course Materials Certificates & CE
Each seminar attendee receives a Certificate of Achievement containing the seminar details, date, title and material content. Many past attendees have used the technical seminar to fulfill 2 hours of Continuing Education (CE) requirements for their Professional Engineering certification.
Safety Relief Valve Technical Course Outline
- Principle of Operation
- Weighted Pallet Valve
- Direct Spring Operated Valves
- Pilot Operated Valves
- ASME Section VIII Requirements, Unfired Pressure Vessel Code and ASME Section I Power Boilers
- API Recommended Practices (510,520..1,2, 521, 526, 527 & 576)
- Sizing Valves- ASME vs API
- Installation- ASME, API, NB
- Advantages and Limitations of valve types
- Operation demonstration video of steam, liquid & gas
Flotech, Inc. will present at your facility and host a complimentary lunch with some attendance requirements.
Who Should Attend
Engineering, operations, maintenance, and planning personnel- new to the pressure relief devices environment or desiring a review and understanding of the applicable codes and standards. They also serve as effective refresher courses for experienced personnel and offer unique forums for the interchange of information.