Glass Appreciation Training
Attendee numbers are restricted in order to encourage an informal atmosphere, increase interaction and the benefit of practical sessions and enable delegates to bring questions and examples from their own work areas.
Presenters are chosen from a wide range of technical staff, each experts in their particular field, and are available throughout the course to answer any questions delegates may have.
- Forming a glass object;
- Testing glass products for strength;
- Identifying different types of glass to remove contaminants from glass collected for recycling;
- Experimenting with different glass coatings to observe the effect these have on the glass product.
- Introduction to the glass sector;
- Glass forming processes;
- Properties and uses of glass;
- Inspection and quality control;
- Glass batch and melting;
- Common glass defects and their causes;
- Glass furnaces and melting technology;
- Surface protection and coatings.
- Glass manufacturers;
- Retailers and brand owners;
- Recycling organisations;
- Glazing manufacturers;
- Equipment suppliers;
- Environmental professionals.
Our glass appreciation course is delivered on-demand to individual organisations, or consortiums - so please enquire if you would like a course for your own company or team.
We also hold a hosted course on an annual basis on the first Tuesday and Wednesday of October