HAZMAT FRO First Responder Operations Level II Training Courses
From OSHA Hazmat Training
Our online HAZMAT FRO First Responder Operations Level II online course is designed to help workers meet the OSHA HAZWOPER requirement for HAZMAT First Responder Operations (FRO) training. This course may be taken as either Initial or annual Refresher training.
Per 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(ii) and 29 CFR 1926.65(q)(6)(ii):
First responder operations level. First responders at the operations level are individuals who respond to releases or potential releases of hazardous substances as part of the initial response to the site for the purpose of protecting nearby persons, property, or the environment from the effects of the release. They are trained to respond in a defensive fashion without trying to stop the release. Their function is to contain the release from a safe distance, keep it from spreading, and prevent exposures.
The course includes operations level training, such as recognizing and managing HAZMAT incidents; first responder actions; hazardous materials identifications and markings; ERG content; PPE overview; FRO entry operations; decontamination and mitigation; and more. Students taking the HAZMAT FRO training are not required to additionally take the First Responder Awareness (FRA) training. The FRO course meets the training requirement for both responder levels.
The most current version of the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) will be mailed to each student enrolled in this course, as it is required for use during the course. A downloadable version of the ERG is also available to each student.
Designed by Certified Outreach Trainers, this HAZMAT FRO First Responder Operations Level Online Course includes up-to-date, high quality training created with your safety and learning as our top priority. The course features interactive training modules, which combine audio and visual elements for maximum retention. The course is completed entirely online using a computer with an internet connection and is available 24/7. For your convenience, it can be completed over time, and your progress will be saved to the last section completed in our state-of-the-art Online Training System (OTS). Students are given 6 months to complete the course after enrollment. We are so certain you will be satisfied with your experience, that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee*.
Once the course is completed, you will immediately be able to download, save or print your Course Completion Certificate which is provided in PDF format.
The objectives of this OSHA First Responder Operations training are to meet:
- Federal OSHA HAZWOPER training requirement of 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(ii) for general industry
- Federal OSHA HAZWOPER training requirement of 29 CFR 1926.65(q)(6)(ii) for construction
- HAZWOPER training requirements for EPA and State OSHA regulations
Per 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(ii) and 29 CFR 1926.65(q)(6)(ii): First responders at the operational level shall have received at least eight hours of training or have had sufficient experience to objectively demonstrate competency in the following areas in addition to those listed for the awareness level and the employer shall so certify:
- Knowledge of the basic hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Know how to select and use proper personal protective equipment provided to the first responder operational level.
- An understanding of basic hazardous materials terms.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with their unit.
- Know how to implement basic decontamination procedures.
- An understanding of the relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.