Hazmat Technician Training Refresher (4 Hour) Training Courses
Hazardous Materials Technicians are emergency responders who are trained to approach the point of a hazardous material spill or release, while using personal protective equipment (PPE), in order to stop or control the hazardous substance. HAZMAT Technicians perform advance control, containment, and confinement operations and use decontamination procedures. This HAZMAT Technician Training Refresher (4 Hours) is designed to help workers refresh their Hazardous Materials Technician level training previously completed per 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii). Students of this 4 Hour HAZMAT Technician training are able to choose between three versions of the course, in order to select the training topics most applicable to their job.
The HazMat Technician training requirements are found in 29 CFR 1910.120(q). These requirements should not be confused with the requirements in 29 CFR 1910.120(e), which requires those trained to the 40 Hour HAZWOPER and 24 Hour HAZWOPER levels to complete OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher training annually.
Per the HAZMAT Technician HAZWOPER training requirement 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(8)(i):
Those employees who are trained in accordance with paragraph (q)(6) of this section shall receive annual refresher training of sufficient content and duration to maintain their competencies.
HAZMAT Technician Refresher – Additional Options
As another option to help employees maintain their competencies, we also offer an 8 Hour HAZMAT Technician Training Refresher course, which allows students to choose from among three different versions in order to receive the training material most applicable to their job. Additionally, as an alternative to 4 or 8 hour annual refresher training, some employers prefer to have their employees take a 4 Hour Refresher course every six months or every three months in order to meet their own training goals and/or shorten the time between refresher training sessions.
HAZMAT Technician training refresher available, so you can choose the version most applicable to you and your job. All three versions meet OSHA requirements and provide the same certificate at course completion. The course sections are fully narrated and interactive. Quiz questions within each section help the student retain knowledge that will be needed for the module exams.
- Version 1 – ERG, Site Control & Incident Safety
- Version 2 – Basic Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for HAZMAT Technicians
- Version 3 – Incident Command, Animated Videos & Online Tabletop Exercise
- The course includes exams based on the course modules. One exam must be taken after the completion of most of the modules.
- Each exam consists of 10 questions, which are randomly compiled from a large pool of possible questions.
- A 70% or better score is needed in order to pass each exam. If a student does not pass, they may re-review information in the modules and sections as necessary, and retake the test as many times as needed in order to pass.
This HAZMAT Technician Refresher course is provided 100% online through our state-of-the-art Online Training System (OTS). The course is fully-narrated, self-paced and available 24/7. Certified Outreach Trainers have created the curriculum to ensure that your safety and learning is the foremost priority. The training is high quality, up-to-date, and contains audio, visual, and interactive elements for maximum retention. Progress is saved as you go, so you can fit the course into your busy schedule. To ensure you are satisfied, we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee*.
Once the course is completed, you are able to download, save or print your Course Completion Certificate which is provided in PDF format. Within 24 hours of course completion, you will also be mailed a PVC credit card style Wallet ID Card with optional photo, showing training course completion.
The objectives of our OSHA 4 Hour HAZMAT Technician Refresher course are to meet the:
- Federal OSHA HAZWOPER refresher training requirement of 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(8) and 29 CFR 1926.65(q)(8).
- OSHA HAZWOPER training requirements for EPA and State OSHA regulations
The objectives of this course depend upon which version of the class you select. We offer three different versions of the course, so you can select the one most applicable to you and your job. All three versions meet OSHA requirements and provide the same certificate at course completion.
In Version 3, as part of the training, students will watch an animated video series which depicts a complete HAZMAT incident. Additionally, students will interactively complete an online tabletop exercise. After completing Version 3 of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the contents of a Medical Surveillance Program required per HAZWOPER Standard
- Implement the Incident Command System as part of a HAZMAT incident
- Understand the importance of Emergency Response Planning