Hazwoper (Awareness Level) Training
From Lead Training
HAZWOPER applies to five distinct groups of employers and employees: Clean-up operations.. Corrective actions involving cleanup operations. Voluntary cleanup operations recognized as uncontrolled waste sites. Operations involving hazardous wastes. Emergency response operations.
Regulatory Requirement References
OSHA Standard 1910.120
MIOSHA Standard Rule 325.52110,52111 Part 432
- Estimated Time Required 2 hrs.
- Requalification Period Annual
- Pre-Requisites N/A
- Minimum # Students 4
- Maximum # Students 24
- Additional Course Material N/A
Students completing this awareness level course shall have sufficient training to objectively demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Understanding what hazardous substances are and the associated risks.
- Understanding the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present.
- The ability to recognize and/or identify the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency.
- The ability to realize the need for additional resources and to make appropriate notifications to the communication
- Students will become familiar with hazardous waste operations, the use of personal protective equipment, safe work practices, and personal health and safety procedures. They will also be able to identify methods and procedures for recognizing, evaluating, and controlling hazardous substances, and understand the regulations and action levels to ensure health and safety to themselves and other workers.
- Client safety reporting structure
- Work practices that can minimize risks from hazards
- The safe use of engineering controls and equipment
- Material Safety Data Sheets / Safety Data Sheets
- Types of hazardous materials
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Hazardous materials labeling
- Incident response structure
- Training shall consist of lecture, discussion, and video presentations.
- Client Supplied Items
- Hazardous waste and emergency response procedures
- DVD player and corresponding viewing equipment