The Response Group™ utilizes our trained instructors to provide customized safety and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training that revolves around “your operations” and NIMS.
Our instructors can provide courses that relate to your organization’s hazards with facilitated discussions and exercises that meet OSHA requirements and ensure your personnel can at a minimum:
- Identify common hazardous waste site hazards
- Understand the measures to protect themselves, including proper use of personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection.
- Understand work practices to minimize risks.
- Describe proper medical surveillance and exposure monitoring
- Appreciate instrumentation that is used at hazardous waste sites
- Understand the regulatory requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of chemicals, and how this information can be useful while working at a hazardous waste site.
- Know how to use tools to assist in hazard recognition such as Department of Transportation Emergency Response Guide, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and the NIOSH Pocket Guide.
- Have an appreciation for the procedures and requirements of emergency response relating to Incident Command System and the National Incident Management System to work hand and hand with regulatory agencies.