IICRC - Building Moisture Thermography (BMT)
From IICRC Courses:
In order to successfully use Thermal Imaging, the class will cover:
- Basic physics of infrared (electromagnetic spectrum, radiosity, emissivity, reflectivity, transmissivity)
- Basic principles of thermodynamics (conduction, convection, IR radiation)
- Basic principles of psychrometry (thermodynamic properties of moisture)
- Infrared camera basics
- IR Camera settings for various investigations
- Identification of false positives (understanding of surface characteristics)
- Application of IR for moisture, insulation, integrity, & air leak issues.
- Hands on training
- Image analysis
You’ll get the most out of your camera when you are comfortable with the technology.