Industrial Coating Application (ICA) eCourse
From Online Training
Today, the coatings industry is a highly technical field that requires skilled personnel to perform quality surface preparation and protective coatings application. The Industrial Coating Application eCourse is a comprehensive training program based on the NACE No. 13/SSPC-ACS-1 standard that sets the criteria for a qualified workforce that can meet contractors' and facility owners' need for consistent, quality work completed accurately, safely, and at a reasonable cost. The eCourse benchmarks best practices in safety, process control, surface preparation, coatings application, and inspection. It’s a must-take, interactive course for coating applicators or anyone new to the coatings industry. The eCourse features engaging slides, short quizzes, and downloadable resources that can be used on the job.
Course Description: Module 1: Safety Codes, Practices, and Standards
Learn general safety guidelines, whether you're working in the field or shop environments in the coatings industry. Get familiarized with recognized safe work practices based on industry standards. Geared for safety directors, contractors, foremen, supervisors, applicators, and inspectors, this module covers more than 18 hours of instruction on 13 topics.
Upon successful completion of the end of module assessment, students will receive a printable certificate of completion and 18 PDHs.
- Lesson 1: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lesson 2: Hearing Conservation
- Lesson 3: Fall Protection
- Lesson 4: Working from Scaffolds and Ladders
- Lesson 5: Aerial Lifts
- Lesson 6: Confined Space and Ventilation
- Lesson 7: Lock Out Tag Out
- Lesson 8: Selection and Use of Respiratory Protection
- Lesson 9: HAZCOM and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Lesson 10: Electrical Grounding Requirements and Working with Hand and Power Tools
- Lesson 11: Avoiding Heat and Cold Related Injury
- Lesson 12: Heavy Metals and Environmental Waste Minimization
- Lesson 13: General Safety Guidelines for Surface Prep and Application