ISO 27001 Certification Training Course
From Information Security
ISO 27001 is the international standard for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) based largely upon the previously adopted BS 7799 used commonly since 1995 for managing information security. ISO 27001 provides the framework for a technology neutral, vendor-neutral management system that enables an organization to assure itself that its information security measures are effective. This includes the continued accessibility, confidentiality and integrity of its own information and that of its stakeholders as well as legal compliance.
Implementation of ISO 27001 is an ideal response to legal requirements and potential security threats such as:
- Vandalism / terrorism
- Theft Viral attack
ISO 27001 is structured to be easily compatible with other management systems standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. While there are some clause numbering differences, common elements include documentation, review and audit requirements, enabling an organization to develop a largely integrated management system.
- Customer satisfaction by giving confidence that their personal information is protected and confidentiality upheld Business continuity through management of risk, legal compliance and vigilance of future security issues and concerns
- Legal compliance by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers
- Improved risk management through a systematic framework for ensuring customer records, financial information and intellectual property are protected from loss, theft and damage
- Proven business credentials through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
This course details the requirements for a formal management system as specified in ISO/IEC 27001 and outlines information security issues including methods of control and countermeasures for threats.
Kelmac Group’s ISO/IEC 27001:2013 - Information Security Management System Auditor/Lead Auditor training course teaches delegates industry best practices and techniques for auditing Information Security Management Systems to ISO/IEC 27001.
This three-day course provides hands-on training to ensure that your internal auditor thoroughly understands the role and acquires the expertise needed to perform it effectively.