ISO TS 16949 Training Course
The ISO/TS 16949 standard was developed to decrease the number of standards suppliers to the automotive industry need to be compliant with in order to conduct business internationally.
The International Automotive Task Force, of which Daimler/Chrysler, Ford, General Motors and AIAG, is the driving force behind the standard. The IATF has announced that ISO/TS 16949 will be accepted as the international equivalent of a host of other standards currently in use, including AVSQ94, EAQF94, and VDA 6.1. The IATF does not intend to replace these other standards, but wants to eliminate mulitple registrations whenever possible.
The ISO/TS 16949 standard is expected to produce the following improvements:
- Improved product and process quality
- Growing confidence in global sourcing
- Better use of supplier resources (particularly to put toward quality activities)
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain (particularly for supplier/subcontrator development)
- Less quality variation
- Increased efficiency, due to reduction of second-party system audits and multiple third-party registrations, one certification is all that is necessary, and common verbiage aids in the understanding of quality requirements.
ISO/TS 16949:2009, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products.
ISO/TS 16949:2009 is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured.
Supporting functions, whether on-site or remote (such as design centres, corporate headquarters and distribution centres), form part of the site audit as they support the site, but cannot obtain stand-alone certification to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
ISO/TS 16949:2009 can be applied throughout the automotive supply chain.
Kelmac Group's ISO/TS 16949 Internal auditor course helps students understand and practice internal auditing for ISO/TS 16949. Delegates will gain the skills to create audit schedules, follow audit trails, and write nonconformance and audit reports.